Easyjet Cancellation - Air Traffic Control Meltdown August Bank Holiday

melaniehardman
melaniehardman Posts: 8
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 24 October 2023 at 11:49AM in Flights, currency & car hire
Hi, My flight home from Nice was cancelled because of the air traffic control meltdown Bank Holiday weekend August 2023 and I ended up driving back across france as there were no flights in a 100 mile radius for 3-4 days. I submitted a compensation claim and was told, not unexpectedly, I wasn't entitled. But I could claim for the expenses incurred. I have now done this twice, second time including amendments to my pdfs to explain I travelled by car. Each time I have been declined because they can not ascertain what method of transport I used to travel home. I included copies of receipts for the french toll roads, the eurotunnel ticket and the hotel accommodation. There is no where on their system for loading receipts to include a letter to explain the details, which is why I amended the pdfs to explain this - it's like they are not evening reading them. I did get my flights refunded. Have any of you fine people had any success using this route (I was directed to the https://www.easyjet.com/en/claim/welfare site). Many thanks in advance, Melanie. 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure