Comments

• ldncase
    ldncase Posts: 67 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2023 at 8:21PM
    Okell said:
    ldncase said:
    I am not sure from the reading whether the company:
    1. accepted and shipped an order and only said "too many returns" when you reached the point of sending this order back.
    2. saw a pattern of repeated returns and therefore blocked the account from further purchases.

If the case is (1), then the OP should be able to return under 14-day for any or no reason.

If the case is (2), then I don't see that it is unreasonable for the supplier to have a process to block customers based upon an excessive returns history.

... This order with a dispute was from a couple months ago,  after that, I had placed a couple orders and returned them without issues. Then the dispute happened, ... I'm cool if they have decided to ban me, but they cannot use that 'I've returned too many times' for this ongoing dispute!...

Why not?  You've already said:

ldncase said:

... I pretty much return 40-ish items from 10-20 orders over 8-10 months of period...

That sounds like an unreasonable number of returns (and orders) to me over a period of 8 to 10 months.  As others have said, the seller is not legally obliged to sell stuff to you.  they can choose not to if they decide you are more trouble than you're worth.

I usually take the side of the consumer in this sort of case, but I'm afraid that "buyers" who could be seen to be abusing the returns system make it more difficult for ordinary consumers to exercise their legal rights.

And what does this mean?  Are you a genuine "consumer"?

ldncase said:

*Also, I don't just buy for myself.

*As I said, this ongoing dispute is about a faulty item. The merchant has got the retuned parcel long ago but it looks like they lost it and refuses to refund it, so now they complicated the case and complained that I returned to many orders to them. In the call with them, a CS person was even insinuating that some customers might just return the parcels but without the actual items inside. This isn't the first time they failed to refund the orders. It happened several times in the past, but I did get my refunds after showing the proof of postage. 
    I think this merchant has issues with the warehouse/logistics company. They share it with other well-known companies and brands, which I also have experiences that refund aren't issued unless I chase.

*It's nothing really. If you buy 4 items each time, then 40 items are just around 10 orders. All my items are clothes, it's common that people would buy a fews sizes to try on at once. 

*I'm a genuine customer. As a matter of fact, I earn decent money and I spend quite a lot monthly for family members and friends. Yes, I won't deny that I'm not good customer to this merchant, so I don't mind being banned. 

• ldncase
    edited 23 October 2023 at 10:25PM
    Okell said:
    Looking at your profile I'm not really surprised that you are having problems with Paypal and/or online suppliers.

In the last nine months alone you've started six threads on here (not including this one) about disputed returns etc that have gone missing.  Also in that period you've posted about Quidco closing your account down.  Even your very first thread back in 2016 was about a return that had gone missing.

If you do too much of this Paypal and online sellers won't want your custom.  You're too much trouble
    Well. Coz I only posted the issues that really bothered me, and they happen to be delivery/return related problems mostly.
    Also, I wasn't an active user before till my bad experiences earlier this year with Evri. 

You can't just assume every case scenario is the same!
    For example, the Evri's blue card number doesn't' work thread, for that merchant, I've actually spent a lot of money over these years. Things started to go wrong since this July, and from what I heard was their warehouse has had issues. Orders like 3 weeks late, so the goods needed to be returned. Also, did I tell you that Evri dumped a parcel into a bin full of nasty garbage juice? I did not. Quite many of delivery/return problems I've had have to do with this !!!!!! courier company. Even worse, my parcels disappeared in the thin air in Evri's depot, causing me distress to get around £2000-3000 back! I'm not talking about the refund. I'm talking about the goods I would keep but never delivered to me!

I actually don't really have problem with the majority of websites. I've only had 5 ish claims with PayPal this year, so far.

• To confirm OP it is PayPal that is having a problem with the volume of returns rather than the retailer? 

Can you not pay directly by card in future? 

@born_again might be able to advise on a chargeback if the PayPal payment was funded by a card. 
  • ldncase
    ldncase said:
    I've only had 5 ish claims with PayPal this year, so far.

I don't have any evidence, but I suspect that  "only" figure is well above the average.
    Because the money I spend is above, above, above average! 
  • ldncase
    edited 23 October 2023 at 10:38PM
    To confirm OP it is PayPal that is having a problem with the volume of returns rather than the retailer? 

@born_again might be able to advise on a chargeback if the PayPal payment was funded by a card. 
    To confirm OP it is PayPal that is having a problem with the volume of returns rather than the retailer? 

No, I was told by PayPal that the merchant took issue with my returns in total! I think that CS lady wasn't supposed to tell me that, but she's reading it out and I heard it.

I know chargeback. One of my current claims via this, coz UPS failed to deliver the parcel to me.

• ldncase
    edited 24 October 2023 at 1:39AM
    Okell said:
    ldncase said:
    ldncase said:

I don't have any evidence, but I suspect that  "only" figure is well above the average.
    They don't care what you spend.  They've had enough of dealing with your returns and missing items problems.  They don't want your custom.
    By 'they', if you refer to this merchant, yes, coz I admitted it already that I returned most orders. But I won't shop on them either as I guess(just a guess) there might be parcel theft in their warehourse! At least once a month I had to chase for the refund.

But if you refer to PayPal, I do not think so. I cannot tell you how much I usually spend, but I can say normally it's on designer clothing. I happen to ask PayPal's CS lady this question: judging from my transactions, I think I don't have that many disputes, right? She said NO.

• ldncase said:
    Okell said:
    ldncase said:
    ldncase said:

They don't care what you spend.  They've had enough of dealing with your returns and missing items problems.  They don't want your custom.
    By 'they', if you refer to this merchant, yes, coz I admitted it already that I returned most orders. But I won't shop on them either as I guess(just a guess) there might be parcel theft in their warehourse! At least once a month I had to chase for the refund.

But if you refer to PayPal, I do not think so. I cannot tell you how much I usually spend, but I can say normally it's on designer clothing. I happen to ask PayPal's CS lady this question: judging from my transactions, I think I don't have that many disputes, right? She said NO.
    Customer Services at PayPal will be the bottom of the food chain, they have little oversight and even less power, their opinion is largely irrelevant. The criteria will be set by people much further up the food chain and then programmed into an automatic review system. It does not matter what you spend, if you become a cost to them then they will refuse to deal with you going forward, just as retailers will, the fact that it is on designer clothing is not a positive and for many other reasons it may actually be viewed as a negative if they have visibility of what your purchases are actually for. What percentage of transactions do you dispute, because I and most people I know have a dispute ratio of zero, now the average will be higher than zero, but it is also unlikely to be as high as yours appears to be and sites and some payment services are now getting rid of those with above average dispute levels because those people cost them money. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback