Tip: Screenshot the costs of individual flights in a return journey in case of cancellation

Easyjet cancelled the return leg of a flight after I had already taken the outbound flight.
I have no record of the cost of each leg of the flight, only the total I paid for both flights.

I feel the amount they have refunded me for the return flight is suspiciously low but I have no way to prove that the flight cost more when I booked it. I only have a confirmation email showing the price of both flights combined.

This also happened to me with Ryanair during the pandemic. In future I will be taking a screenshot that shows the price of each flight.

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,025
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    For Ryanair you are able to go into your booking and download the receipt which breaks down the leg costs and extras etc.  Not sure if easyJet have the same, I'd assume they do, although it might not be accessible once the booking is cancelled.

Individual flight costs are rarely 50/50 of the total.  The UK has comparatively high departure tax which can often make the outbound more expensive.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,888
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I very much doubt that Easyjet got the amount wrong.  Bagand96 gives the likely explanation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback