PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2023 Grocery Challenge

1171819202123»

Comments

• A little late but declaring at £342.54/350
  • I'm declaring too as my pension arrives today - I'm at 2556.97/3000 for the year so far. So I have £443.03 for December without touching my £500 contingency.

@LadyWithAPlan
    Suffolk Lass I believe starts with £400 in bulk at the beginning of the year and then spends it down as she goes..   - I could do this because of buying things that were on offer for the storecupboard, and building up the savings into a second purse idea (on the first page) then I bought things back by shopping from home. As you say, coffee is a big one, but BOGOF toilet paper (no pun intended), laundry detergent (I no-longer make it) and things like branded shower gloop I buy so I have 6 in stock, but I do have a walk in larder and a storage stack for the toiletries we share. Also things like tins that have a long date. I got a bit carried away in the pandemic so now I track it but don't keep a separate pot for stores. My freezer of meat needs using!

Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure