Can I keep this item?

12346»

Comments

• McKneff said:
    All you need to do is refuse delivery. 
    Simple as that . Ask the delivery man for a reference no. 

No inconvenience there eh
    I’d have to get to the door before they were back in their van but yes, that’s an option.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,530 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 October 2023 at 9:29AM
    Their terms for delivery and returns are terrible.

OP they state an order doesn't constitute acceptance so if you cancelled before they accepted (presumably by shipping the order) you will be an involuntary bailee as discussed.  

Personally I wouldn't put too much effort in to it, notify them twice for the cost of 2 stamps and then forget about really (I'm assuming the order value is not that much). 

• Their terms for delivery and returns are terrible.

OP they state an order doesn't constitute acceptance so if you cancelled before they accepted (presumably by shipping the order) you will be an involuntary bailee as discussed.  

Personally I wouldn't put too much effort in to it, notify them twice for the cost of 2 stamps and then forget about really (I'm assuming the order value is not that much). 

Thanks for your input.  I ordered on 9th May for delivery quoted as being August. I cancelled the order on 15th May when they said any orders after that date would be delivered free.  They refunded me and I thought no more about it until I received the email to say it had been shipped.  That’s 2 months after it was originally due and not a single communication from them about any delay (that I could have responded to).  It’s less than £40, I think I’ll wait and see if they contact me whereupon I would be willing to have a discussion regarding payment or collection.

• Jennym254 said:
    Their terms for delivery and returns are terrible.

I finally got an answer to my emails stating collection would be arranged. This was swiftly followed by another email saying they’d  reviewed the case and I could keep the bear.  I’ve made arrangements for it to be donated to Acorns Children’s Hospice charity.  Thanks again for your help.
    Thanks for the update OP, glad it all sorted out easily :) 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback