Comments

• wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,125 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January at 4:22PM
    Options
    the fact that they dont just encrypt the freeview signal is a easy tell

its in the protocol to do that

no they keep the TVL as the MSM is just the propaganda arm of the GVT/BLOB no matter

what party is in suppose "power"

so the TVL will never be ended as they want to keep the normies need to be told what to think

luckily people under 30 dont really watch live TV

its why they are shutting down opposing voices under the guise of "hate speech"
    They could have easily encrypted the iPlayer from September 2016 when you needed a licence to use iPlayer to watch content either on demand or live but they just added a box saying "I do or do not have a TV licence?" Then all anyone had to do was just click " I have a licence" and watch anything on the iPlayer. 
    What they should have done, IMHO, is either make someone wanting to view the iPlayer have to put in their address or TV Licence number from their licence, that would be the only way that only those with a valid licence would be able to watch BBC content on the iPlayer.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With more and more cancelling their licence they want an everybody pays style of tax.  Maybe they need to rethink
    paying part time presenters over £1m a year?

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 January at 7:40PM
    Options
    I struggle with the basic concept that an organisation receiving £3.7bn of public money per year has somehow "run out of money".   

(If true) that seems to me to be the fault of the organisation, not of the Public (or their money).
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 January at 11:45AM
    Options
    wild666 said:
    the fact that they dont just encrypt the freeview signal is a easy tell

its in the protocol to do that

no they keep the TVL as the MSM is just the propaganda arm of the GVT/BLOB no matter

what party is in suppose "power"

so the TVL will never be ended as they want to keep the normies need to be told what to think

luckily people under 30 dont really watch live TV

its why they are shutting down opposing voices under the guise of "hate speech"
    They could have easily encrypted the iPlayer from September 2016 when you needed a licence to use iPlayer to watch content either on demand or live but they just added a box saying "I do or do not have a TV licence?" Then all anyone had to do was just click " I have a licence" and watch anything on the iPlayer. 
    What they should have done, IMHO, is either make someone wanting to view the iPlayer have to put in their address or TV Licence number from their licence, that would be the only way that only those with a valid licence would be able to watch BBC content on the iPlayer.
    How would that stop it? People could just share their TV licence numbers / email addresses / BBC account login details. Considering the lack of decent content on the BBC, I doubt very many are watching iplayer unlicensed anyway.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We've had reasonably well controlled Pay TV systems for a long while, so I can't see that technology would be a barrier to the BBC doing it to support the TV Licence system.

The problem is ideological (and I've read/heard them saying it many times).   They believe that the BBC is a universal service, even if it isn't paid for universally.   And in their minds, they want to force universal payment long before they would concede that it can't be a universal service because some people don't want it.  
  • BadDebtor
    BadDebtor Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    400,000 people scrapped TVL this year, the tipping point was when they went after the elderly.

I have not had one for so long I can't even remember, but way over 10 years and I don't use their notv website or ever engage with them.  I have some rather funny videos of them seeing my ring doorbell and doing an about turn rather swiftly.

If you want to understand the issue about misleading TVL webpages, official definitions provided by TVL then visit the Black Belt Barrister channel below, scroll down about 20 times and then press CTRL and F to find, then put TV Li in search box, there are about 12 from the last 3 months alone.

https://www.youtube.com/@BlackBeltBarrister/videos

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We've had reasonably well controlled Pay TV systems for a long while, so I can't see that technology would be a barrier to the BBC doing it to support the TV Licence system.

The problem is ideological (and I've read/heard them saying it many times).   They believe that the BBC is a universal service, even if it isn't paid for universally.   And in their minds, they want to force universal payment long before they would concede that it can't be a universal service because some people don't want it.  

Wonder how many realise that the BBC name is used for BBC Studios and linked to channels that display BBC content in the UK with adverts, as well
    as multiple other companies using the BBC name that are private companies not paid for by the TV licence fee?

To me it looks like a moneybox to funnel the funds from the TV licences and hide where it goes.

BBC needs a proper audit to find where all the money goes.  FOI requests get rejected because they are sending funds to a private company.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback