One Santander customer to win £100,000 before Christmas 2023

2»

Comments

• boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for the heads up. I have a Santander current account sitting waiting for a switching opportunity. I've just topped it up to £100. I'll try to remember not to switch it before December!
  • Friendly reminder for any incredibly optimistic people to top up to £100 for tomorrow's prize draw entry
  • If the random draw chooses me i promise i will spill the beans.....and i don't mean on the toast !
  • I'm already miffed at losing about 4p of interest from my 7% saver.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 November 2023 at 1:26PM
    I'll be very grateful if and when I win the £100K but I'm struggling to think why Santander have decided that this is a worthwhile promotion.

Will people really open a first account just on the off-chance of winning? Would you not close an account because of this promotion?

Or is it simply a way of getting some brand awareness going as this lottery will be covered by the financial, and possibly the general, news media? 

A peak time ITV advert slot can cost £10,000 - £30,000 apparently, so £100k isn't all that much compared to the cost of producing an advert and running it for a while.

I'd imagine it's just brand awareness. People wouldn't run out and open an account just because of the promotion, nor would they after seeing an advert, but if they keep themselves visible with this kind of thing then when someone does want a new account they might think of looking at Santander. It's also prompted this thread and probably many conversations which helps keep their brand in peoples minds.
  • boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    They don't seem to have informed me that I have won. There must be some mistake.  >:)
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 December 2023 at 4:32PM
    "The winner will be selected at random by 15th December 2023 and will be contacted by phone, email, or letter, within seven days of the selection date."
    Who is the lucky one. Anyone from the MSE member ??
  • I didn’t win the £100000 but they did take 1p off me for being overdrawn, when I hadn’t been! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback