One Santander customer to win £100,000 before Christmas 2023

Comments

• dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,682
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I vote for @Bridlington1. They have been super helpful to many of us and rather unlucky.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,105
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2023 at 6:42AM
    "Entry will be automatic for customers and to be eligible a customer must hold at least £100 in their account(s) on 30th November 2023(2). Eligible accounts include any Santander current account and any Santander instant access savings account3.

The winner will be selected at random by 15th December 2023 and will be contacted by phone, email, or letter, within seven days of the selection date.

(2)Customers need to hold at least £100 total across all their account(s), rather than just one account. For example, a customer with £80 in a current account, and £20 in an instant access account would be eligible."
  • ndrw
    ndrw Posts: 140
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Is the easy access saver paying 5.2% that was briefly available eligible for this?
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,039
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ndrw said:
    Is the easy access saver paying 5.2% that was briefly available eligible for this?

Nothing in the terms to say it isn't.
  • I'll be very grateful if and when I win the £100K but I'm struggling to think why Santander have decided that this is a worthwhile promotion.

Will people really open a first account just on the off-chance of winning? Would you not close an account because of this promotion?

Or is it simply a way of getting some brand awareness going as this lottery will be covered by the financial, and possibly the general, news media? 
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2023 at 8:45AM
    £100K is a little drip in their advertising budget and promoting the brand would cost a lot more than the free advertising they will get.  Maybe Ant and Dec are giving up pert of their fee :p
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,075
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    molerat said:
    £100K is a little drip in their advertising budget and promoting the brand would cost a lot more than the free advertising they will get.  Maybe Ant and Dec are giving up pert of their fee :p
    The thought of Ant and Dec giving up money 😂😂
  • baser999 said:
    molerat said:
    The thought of Ant and Dec giving up money 😂😂
    Luckily, you don't have to meet them if you win :)
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,039
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'll be very grateful if and when I win the £100K but I'm struggling to think why Santander have decided that this is a worthwhile promotion.

Will people really open a first account just on the off-chance of winning? Would you not close an account because of this promotion?

Or is it simply a way of getting some brand awareness going as this lottery will be covered by the financial, and possibly the general, news media? 

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure how much an incredibly distant chance of £100k motivates anything (unlike other such draws where one has to opt in or do some specific things to be a part of, where one might convince oneself that few will think to do so).

On the flip side £100k really isn't a great deal in the scheme of things, a couple of newspaper stories and it's probably justified itself.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback