BoxT installed boiler. Cancellation rights. Help!

Hi Everyone. 

I had a boiler installed on Monday (16th October). At the end of the installation, the engineer tried the gas hob, and told me "no gas". This is for a flat I bought recently, which has turned out to have lots of problems. I could write a whole thread on the Money Pit.

Anyway, he had to leave me with the boiler and said he will make it live if/when the gas supply is fixed. He did look for "a valve to turn the gas on" before he left. The pipes are hidden all over the place, and not obvious. Of course he couldn't find any valve, and I am left with a boiler that cannot be used (maybe ever). 

I contacted BoxT who said it is too late to cancel and have the boiler removed, as they installed it already. Surely I don't have to keep a product I cannot use, do I?
«13

Comments

  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,850
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 October 2023 at 12:06PM
    If you have Home Insurance, check to see if you have any legal expenses cover. If you do, call the Legal Helpline provided by the insurer to get help with this. 

    If the end result is that you cannot return the boiler to Boxt, you have an unused boiler that you can sell on eBay, albeit there might be a problem passing on the warranty. You might talk to the boiler manufacturer about whether the warranty can be sold on. 

    The alternative is to get the gas supply to the flat reinstated. 


    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,884
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Molaram said:
    At the end of the installation, the engineer tried the gas hob, and told me "no gas". 
    [...]

    Anyway, he had to leave me with the boiler and said he will make it live if/when the gas supply is fixed. He did look for "a valve to turn the gas on" before he left.
    Was the gas hob working before the engineer visit, i.e. is there a gas supply issue or not?
  • I’m not sure why you would think you can cancel after the job has been completed, even if they were prepared to allow you to return the boiler, you would still need to pay for installation and removal, and they would need to make a deduction from the cost of the boiler as it would now not be classed as new and they wouldn’t be able to resell it at full price, so you probably wouldn’t get much back.

    There is nothing in law that would allow you to return in this situation. 
  • Molaram
    Molaram Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    Molaram said:
    At the end of the installation, the engineer tried the gas hob, and told me "no gas". 
    [...]

    Anyway, he had to leave me with the boiler and said he will make it live if/when the gas supply is fixed. He did look for "a valve to turn the gas on" before he left.
    Was the gas hob working before the engineer visit, i.e. is there a gas supply issue or not?
    There is a gas supply issue. I didn't know because the gas supply had been capped, the engineer removed the cap. 
  • Molaram
    Molaram Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    I’m not sure why you would think you can cancel after the job has been completed, even if they were prepared to allow you to return the boiler, you would still need to pay for installation and removal, and they would need to make a deduction from the cost of the boiler as it would now not be classed as new and they wouldn’t be able to resell it at full price, so you probably wouldn’t get much back.

    There is nothing in law that would allow you to return in this situation. 
    Guess I was just being foolish and desperate. This building has me tearing my hair out.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,312
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    why on earth wasnt it established if there is a gas supply  before fitting a gas boiler


    was there a gas boiler there before ?

    has the gas hob ever worked since you have been there

    do you know who the current or last gas supplier is/was
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,884
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Molaram said:
    eskbanker said:
    Molaram said:
    At the end of the installation, the engineer tried the gas hob, and told me "no gas". 
    [...]

    Anyway, he had to leave me with the boiler and said he will make it live if/when the gas supply is fixed. He did look for "a valve to turn the gas on" before he left.
    Was the gas hob working before the engineer visit, i.e. is there a gas supply issue or not?
    There is a gas supply issue. I didn't know because the gas supply had been capped, the engineer removed the cap. 
    You'll probably find within the terms of the boiler order that it'll be your responsibility to ensure that there's a working gas supply prior to installation, so worth checking that aspect prior to any further dealings with the supplier.
  • Molaram
    Molaram Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    photome said:
    why on earth wasnt it established if there is a gas supply  before fitting a gas boiler


    was there a gas boiler there before ?

    has the gas hob ever worked since you have been there

    do you know who the current or last gas supplier is/was
    So, there is a gas meter that Southern Gas Network told me is for my flat. They established that it is live, but it was capped (as the building had been empty). The boiler engineer checked it as well. As I had not uncapped the meter initially, I was not using the gas hob (I cooked using the electric oven and my Ninja foodi). It took my ages to find out about the issue, as I had been told I had a working boiler that just needed to be switched back on by an engineer. 

    I hired an engineer, who told me the original boiler did not work and would be cheaper to replace. That is why I had a new boiler installed... with disastrous results. Gas is live at the meter. The boiler is new. In between? Who knows where the pipes go?! I hope that clears some of the details up. It's all a big hot mess.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,627
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Molaram said:
    photome said:
    why on earth wasnt it established if there is a gas supply  before fitting a gas boiler


    was there a gas boiler there before ?

    has the gas hob ever worked since you have been there

    do you know who the current or last gas supplier is/was
    So, there is a gas meter that Southern Gas Network told me is for my flat. They established that it is live, but it was capped (as the building had been empty). The boiler engineer checked it as well. As I had not uncapped the meter initially, I was not using the gas hob (I cooked using the electric oven and my Ninja foodi). It took my ages to find out about the issue, as I had been told I had a working boiler that just needed to be switched back on by an engineer. 

    I hired an engineer, who told me the original boiler did not work and would be cheaper to replace. That is why I had a new boiler installed... with disastrous results. Gas is live at the meter. The boiler is new. In between? Who knows where the pipes go?! I hope that clears some of the details up. It's all a big hot mess.
    Did they try to get it working?
    Or do a simple test to see if there was gas to the boiler?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Molaram
    Molaram Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    Molaram said:
    photome said:
    why on earth wasnt it established if there is a gas supply  before fitting a gas boiler


    was there a gas boiler there before ?

    has the gas hob ever worked since you have been there

    do you know who the current or last gas supplier is/was
    So, there is a gas meter that Southern Gas Network told me is for my flat. They established that it is live, but it was capped (as the building had been empty). The boiler engineer checked it as well. As I had not uncapped the meter initially, I was not using the gas hob (I cooked using the electric oven and my Ninja foodi). It took my ages to find out about the issue, as I had been told I had a working boiler that just needed to be switched back on by an engineer. 

    I hired an engineer, who told me the original boiler did not work and would be cheaper to replace. That is why I had a new boiler installed... with disastrous results. Gas is live at the meter. The boiler is new. In between? Who knows where the pipes go?! I hope that clears some of the details up. It's all a big hot mess.
    Did they try to get it working?
    Or do a simple test to see if there was gas to the boiler?
    The British Gas engineer who found faults in the boiler did not check the gas supply, but then it's just bad luck that while the supply was capped I was never able to check that we actually had gas running into the flat. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards