IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Metro centre parking fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Beau325
    Beau325 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you again. I wrote my WS and sent it, the 16th March. Apart from an email to say it had been received, I have not heard anything as of yet. My court date is set for 19th April I believe. My only concern is that I don’t think i have much evidence if it does that far.

I was parked in a normal parking bay, there’s no time limit on parking at the shopping centre so as a visitor I had done nothing wrong but it does state that staff aren’t allowed to park there. Tbh I can’t even remember if I was working as it’s been 4 years or if it was me or my mam driving the car but I did work there at the time. 

The shop I worked for doesn’t exist now and they have no proof of me working there or being a staff member,  just a photo of my car. 

I guess my question is, if it does go to court and they ask about me working there at the time, do I just say that I did but also visited frequently outside of work? And when I was working, parked in the staff car park? (I only actually worked 12hrs a week) so it’s likely I was there outside of my working hours.

I don’t know what evidence I should be preparing just incase. In my WS I included images from the website at the time of the supposed offence (the shopping centre has now changed owners). As well as images from the car park and of the signs in the car park 
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you received the claimant's WS & evidence?
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Stop overthinking this. You don't have to answer any question about whether you were working that day or not. It is the Claimants burden to prove whether you were or weren't. If you can't remember, then you can't remember and the Claimant is put to strict proof if they claim you were working on the day in question.

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nopcns said:
    Stop overthinking this. You don't have to answer any question about whether you were working that day or not. It is the Claimants burden to prove whether you were or weren't. If you can't remember, then you can't remember and the Claimant is put to strict proof if they claim you were working on the day in question.

Not only that; but, they will have to prove that the staff member parked the car as well and that it was during their contracted hours of employment.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess my question is, if it does go to court and they ask about me working there at the time, do I just say that I did but also visited frequently outside of work? And when I was working, parked in the staff car park? (I only actually worked 12hrs a week) so it’s likely I was there outside of my working hours.
    On the balance of probabilities, you were NOT working that day and it's a wholly unsafe assumption for a parking operator to assume that, from a numberplate and remote cameras.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback