70% Reduced Fees Promotion Question

I have some auctions currently running on the 70% reduced fees offer (weekend just gone) but someone has asked if they can buy three of my items directly at a fixed price. But the listings are auctions, so in addition to adding the BIN price, to get the BIN price they want (which is less than the current auction price) I have to reduce the auction price to suit, because auctions with a BIN price as well, the BIN must be 30% higher minimum than the auction price. I can do this easily enough, but would I void the 70% reduced fees offer?

Comments

• Rantband
    Rantband Posts: 245
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Delete the auction listings involved, work out the BIN price as one amount for all three, list as one item and list within the 3 hours 30 mins assuming you have listings left from the 100 free.
  • zackary71
    zackary71 Posts: 260
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You wouldn't lose the 70% as it's the same listing. You can either do straight Auction, add Offer option, or include BIN at 40% higher. If there's no bids and over a day left to go, I'd just simply amend listing to 'Accept Offers' and then close the deals that way. If you amend/reduce the Auction price so you can meet the Buyer's price, you run the risk of someone else jumping in and placing a bid, and stopping the BIN sale. Just my thoughts.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    one way to do it is to ask the buyer to bid and once they have done it end the auction early selling to the current bidder

however just to check the terms and conditions of the 70% offer to make sure that you are allowed to end an auction early and still get the 70% off
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,908
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    zackary71 said:
    You wouldn't lose the 70% as it's the same listing. You can either do straight Auction, add Offer option, or include BIN at 40% higher. If there's no bids and over a day left to go, I'd just simply amend listing to 'Accept Offers' and then close the deals that way. If you amend/reduce the Auction price so you can meet the Buyer's price, you run the risk of someone else jumping in and placing a bid, and stopping the BIN sale. Just my thoughts.
    Most of the offer terms (and they can vary) state that an auction with BIN is not included in the offer, so adding a BIN now would remove the promotional offer. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,908
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    There are potentially offfers around starting today if you need to relist and it isn't oo late
    FREE LISTING email alerts - no chat - Page 68 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback