We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I have received a QDR Solicitors letter for someone else at my address

2»

Comments

  • UncleThomasCobley
    UncleThomasCobley Posts: 654 Forumite
    500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 October 2023 at 12:12PM

    So next step I should email both Euro Car Parks and QDR informing them of my new address and asking them to erase my old address and replace with new one. Also inform ECP to inform all of their agents of these new details.
    Yes. Although, technically, QDR are their agents.  
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,721 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes and welcome!

    We'll help you beat this even if you get a claim.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 44,982 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 October 2023 at 5:57PM

    So next step I should email both Euro Car Parks and QDR informing them of my new address and asking them to erase my old address and replace with new one. Also inform ECP to inform all of their agents of these new details.
    Yes. Although, technically, QDR are their agents.  
    There might be other lurkers in the shadows ... such as ZZPS, who seem to be joined by the hip to QDR. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

    #Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I have put together the email below to request my address details are updated. Quick question, should I mention the PCN and QDR letter in this email and the fact it’s the first correspondence I have received in regards to this matter?

    Dear Sir or Madam,

    I have recently been passed a letter from QDR Solicitors Ref: xxxx in relation to the PCN number xxxxx, this was sent to an address that I have not lived at since 2021 and is the first correspondence I have received in regards to this PCN.

    I am no longer at the address xxxxxx so can you please erase these details from your records and replace with my new address below. Can I request that you also inform any other agents handling my personal details to update their records.

    New address: xxxxx

    Regards

  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 44,982 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Can I request that you also inform any other agents handling my personal details to update their records
    I also require you to notify the change of address to any other agents with whom you have shared my details and require them to erase my former address and to replace it with that below. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

    #Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks I’ll amend that line.
  • Who are you actually sending that to? Also, try and be a bit kore serious about it as "regards" as a salutation will not feel so good if this progresses further. 

    You need to start that it is a "data rectification notice" about your address. It should ideally be sent to the DPO.
  • Who are you actually sending that to? Also, try and be a bit kore serious about it as "regards" as a salutation will not feel so good if this progresses further. 

    You need to start that it is a "data rectification notice" about your address. It should ideally be sent to the DPO.
    I plan on sending an email to the DPO at both Euro Car Parks and QDR Solicitors.

    I will set the email subject to Data Rectification Notice.

    And will remove the regards and just sign with my name.
  • As you don't know the person you are writing to, you should sign with "Yours faithfully...".
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.