membership card for every shop

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    tiger135 said:
    Apart from m&s and waitrose, when I go to tesco co op and sainsburys  I feel like I am being ripped off because I havent got their member card.
    I am paying a lot more per item just because of this and only using a debit card.
    Does anyone agree this feels a bit wrong?
    Why do you use two cards but not the others?

It's not a case of being ripped off, it's making an active choice that you feel your data is more valuable than the discounts they are offering you. If you dont think that's the case then why not get them? Personally these days just go out with my phone and with that I've most my debit/credit/charge cards plus most my loyalty cards so its not like I have an annoying bulging wallet. 
  • tiger135
    tiger135 Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I meant in waitrose and m&s they dont have the two tier pricing. Its the same price whether you have a card or not.
     Along similar lines its like places which refuse to take cash, eg some starbucks.
    Why havent they decided to offer cash payment for a higher price if its the costs of handling it which is the problem?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    tiger135 said:
    I meant in waitrose and m&s they dont have the two tier pricing. Its the same price whether you have a card or not.
     Along similar lines its like places which refuse to take cash, eg some starbucks.
    Why havent they decided to offer cash payment for a higher price if its the costs of handling it which is the problem?
    Because so few people want to use cash in Starbucks it’s not even worth accepting it and charging a premium for it. 

It’s not two tier pricing at the supermarkets anyway, it’s needing a loyalty card to get special offers. The offers come and go. It’s not that you always get a lower price on something year round by having a loyalty card.
  • tiger135 said:
    But they do have offers for their loyalty card users.  It's just the marking of differential prices on the SELs which they aren't doing (so far).
  • brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 October 2023 at 1:15PM
    Should there be compensation for people who cannot get a card ?   I have been trying to get a working Morrisons card for the last six months and have not yet received one.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Should there be compensation for people who cannot get a card ?   I have been trying to get a working Morrisons card for the last six months and have not yet received one.
    Sounds like human error. You don’t need a card anymore as it’s an app on your phone. 
  • brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    One of the failures of the app is that it will not load with a foreign sim card.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wouldn’t bother - we rarely do Morrisons (just the occasional top up if we’re in that high street) but have noticed the card hasn’t picked up some of their offers. Store refer you to customer services and you can email them until the cows come home without anything beyond an automated response saying they’ll be in touch. And when they do and ask for copies of the receipts, you send copies only for customer services to disappear. 
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    If you don't have a Tesco clubcard in this day and age then that is on you. The savings you can make make it almost idiotic to not have one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback