IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lands End parking

Options
Hi , during our summer holiday we visited Lands End. 
The parking was easy & the signage says pay at any time, as the queue was large I decided to pay later. 
When I got to my car I went to the machine to pay it asked for my registration I tried to enter the registration but it just came up pay fee which I did £7 got the ticket left. 
We got a letter saying I didn’t pay I appealed & showed my ticket and bank statement proving I paid that failed. 
I appealed again I proved I paid I had tickets from all over Cornwall showing I paid for parking. I paid for a permit from Cornwall council for disabled parking but popla turned down my appeal. 
My wife & son are disabled I have cancer we are on UC, I can’t pay for this. It’s a joke. 
Can anyone help me 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2023 at 1:58PM
    Options
    Mark19xx said:
    Hi , during our summer holiday we visited Lands End. 
    The parking was easy & the signage says pay at any time, as the queue was large I decided to pay later. 
    When I got to my car I went to the machine to pay it asked for my registration I tried to enter the registration but it just came up pay fee which I did £7 got the ticket left. 
    We got a letter saying I didn’t pay I appealed & showed my ticket and bank statement proving I paid that failed. 
    I appealed again I proved I paid I had tickets from all over Cornwall showing I paid for parking. I paid for a permit from Cornwall council for disabled parking but popla turned down my appeal. 
    My wife & son are disabled I have cancer we are on UC, I can’t pay for this. It’s a joke. 
    Can anyone help me 
    Which parking firm?  

DO NOT PAY IT.

DO NOT PHONE THEM OR THEIR DEBT AGENTS.

Ask your MP to complain to the BPA and the parking firm, on your behalf.  MPs do this all the time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mark19xx
    Options
    It’s from Initial parking
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2023 at 2:46PM
    Options
    Lovely. No worries.

Loads of threads about them if you search but my advice stands. You won't be paying.

You need to read the 4th post of NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

My signature tells you how to hop there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mark19xx
    Options
    So I need to wait for a debt collectors letter?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2023 at 9:38PM
    Options
    Mark19xx said:
    So I need to wait for a debt collectors letter?
    No, not quite.
    As advised earlier today...
    Ask your MP to complain to the BPA and the parking firm, on your behalf.  MPs do this all the time.
  • Mark19xx
    Options
    Ok thx I will get onto it straight away 
  • Mark19xx
    Mark19xx Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi I have heard back from my MP they sent a letter bug they company have said they will not rescind the fine & I need to pay it. I’ve had debt collectors letters now not sure what to do. 
  • KeithP
    Options
    The fourth post of the NEWBIES thread explains exactly how to deal with debt collector's letters, but to summarise that post - ignore them.
  • Mark19xx
    Mark19xx Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry if I’m being annoying but do I just leave it & ignore the letters, or what would be my next step. Thx
  • KeithP
    Options
    Mark19xx said:
    Sorry if I’m being annoying but do I just leave it & ignore the letters, or what would be my next step. Thx
    Did you read that post I pointed you towards?
    It expands a bit on my earlier comment 'ignore them'.

Your next step is to post again on this thread if/when you receive anything other than a letter from a debt collector and you still have questions.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback