Overpayment of water charges

I have recently found out that my surface water does not go into the main drain but into a soakaway. This is confirmed by a council property search that was undertaken in 1996 where is confirms tha drainage is via soakaway. One of my neighbours has been told she will get 6 years refund of the charges but I feel that we are entitled to a refund of the charges since the house was occupied, in my case from 1997. Any advice would be appreciated


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards