iD to Talkmobile.

Hi, I transferred my number from iD Mobile to Talkmobile yesterday at 3pm does anyone know how long It takes.

Comments

  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,144
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2023 at 12:39PM
    When you made the request, it will have given you a date for the transfer.

    On that date, the old SIM and the new SIM will stopworking. The new SIM will then come back to life with the number youve transferred and over the following hours services will be added. 

    Calls texts and data should be done by the end of the day (texts are last) but things like Voicemail and WiFi Calling can take longer.

    The best approach is to not play with the phone testing things  but leave the network to do it. Once the old SIM has gone dead, I normally leave the phone alone for as long as I can manage then switch it off and on. 
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,649
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do you mean you gave them your PAC code and how long does it take for the transfer to happen, or the transfer has happened but not all services have yet made it across (as in you can receive calls, but texts not coming through)?
  • 400ixl said:
    Do you mean you gave them your PAC code and how long does it take for the transfer to happen, or the transfer has happened but not all services have yet made it across (as in you can receive calls, but texts not coming through)?
    Hi, I gave talkmobile my pac code so I can keep my number yesterday at 3pm.

    I removed my iD sim this morning & put in my new talkmobile sim, but it says no signal, so maybe I'll just have to be patient and wait

  • PHK said:
    When you made the request, it will have given you a date for the transfer.

    On that date, the old SIM and the new SIM will stopworking. The new SIM will then come back to life with the number youve transferred and over the following hours services will be added. 

    Calls texts and data should be done by the end of the day (texts are last) but things like Voicemail and WiFi Calling can take longer.

    The best approach is to not play with the phone testing things  but leave the network to do it. Once the old SIM has gone dead, I normally leave the phone alone for as long as I can manage then switch it off and on. 
    Thanks for your help. I've just left things as they were except for this morning. I put the new talkmobile sim in the phone, is that OK.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,144
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Putting thr new SIM in is fine.

    Was it confirmed that the change would happen today? If so it can happen at anytime.
  • PHK said:
    Putting thr new SIM in is fine.

    Was it confirmed that the change would happen today? If so it can happen at anytime.
    Yes, it's confirmed for today I just had a look in settings > connections > sim manager > sim card is now showing my number I want to keep, so at least something is happening.


  • Thank you for help it's working now. I've got my old number + my new provider talkmobile.



Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards