Options
14567810»

Comments

• Sarahwithlove
    Sarahwithlove Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mark55man said:
    Well done.  I think that's a great decision.  Always easier to budget with things set to zero and not have to balance it all out.  Simplification is something I have been working at for ages (but it is hard to achieve)
    Thanks it definitely feels like a weight has been lifted and I'm already trying to think of things I can sell and ways to make money for the emergency fund. 
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £1700
    *Virgin Credit Card - £3552.50 - £0
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

*Sinking Fund - £2000/£3000*
    *Emergency Fund -£50/£2000

*Debt Repayments Pot - £0/0*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    Wow its been a while. Still on track with my budget, had to tweak it a bit as everything seems to cost more these days. Or you get less for your money. 

I've managed to get my phone bill down, cancelled the gym as haven't been using it, and reduced my takeaways.

Onto better news, I have a new job, I start on Monday. Yesterday was my last day in my current job. Was a bit sad but mostly felt relief. Its a side step but more chance to progress and less office time so that will help. 

Savings are up to £2k now. Have a bit of a buffer in my spends account and bills account. Just going to keep plodding along and slowly get there. All about balance. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 March at 9:45AM
    Options
    That's a great update.  And you've nearly done it - in fact if you net off savings/sinking fund  against debt - you're in the clear - fabulous

well done on the new job - just getting out is sometimes reward enough however tinged with sadness
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    mark55man said:
    That's a great update.  And you've nearly done it - in fact if you net off savings/sinking fund  against debt - you're in the clear - fabulous

well done on the new job - just getting out is sometimes reward enough however tinged with sadness
    Thanks! I've slightly increased the payments to my dad so last payment will be April 2025. Feels good knowing the end is in sight. 

Yes after 10 years and a lot of changes, it was time. When you wake up in morning dreading work you know you need to get out. 

Hope you are keeping well 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• CreditCardJunkie
    CreditCardJunkie Posts: 609 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats on the new job and the debt busting Sarah! 
    Debt Free as of December 2020 👏

Save 12k in 2024 #35
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport