Included Lebara roaming now considerably better

mr_mf
mr_mf Posts: 39
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 24 September 2023 at 8:15AM in Mobiles
Don't know when this changed but roaming destinations appear to have improved (new ones shown in bold by me).  Definately didn't include Switzerland before, because I got stung badly when I went there last year with my Lebara SIM.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, USA

Comments

• mr_mf ... I take it you are not referring to Roam Like Home ?  From what I am looking at, Switzerland is listed as Zone 3, so could still be pretty costly.  The other countries you have highlighted are in Zones 2, 3 or 4.  You will see roaming costs at the bottom of this rates chart:
    https://www.lebara.co.uk/en/rates.html
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,619
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mr_mf said:
    Don't know when this changed but roaming destinations appear to have improved (new ones shown in bold by me).  Definately didn't include Switzerland before, because I got stung badly when I went there last year with my Lebara SIM.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, USA

Is that on the Lebara UK page? I'm not seeing that when I check roaming.

Important bits to know

• Following countries are included in the roam like home proposition
      • EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK)
      • EEA Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Gibraltar, Reunion, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
    • This scheme is designed for customers who primarily live in the UK and ideal for short trips to other places in the EU. To safeguard against abuse, If your roaming usage is greater than usage in the UK over any continuous 120 day period, you will be subject to a surcharge of 0.20p/MB (equivalent to £2/GB) for data, 0.04p/sec (equivalent to 2.4p/min) for outgoing calls, 0.01p/sec (equivalent to 0.6p/min) for incoming calls and 0.8p for sending an SMS.
    • Surcharge is deducted from your Pay As You Go allowance. You will need to top up if you don’t have any.
    •  If you joined Lebara on or after 24th May 2023 you will no longer be able to use PAYG data. If you wish to use data, you will need to opt into a plan or bundle. Browse our plans here
    ====
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,039
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 September 2023 at 12:24PM
    d123 said:
    mr_mf said:

Is that on the Lebara UK page? I'm not seeing that when I check roaming.

Important bits to know

• Following countries are included in the roam like home proposition
      • EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK)
      • EEA Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Gibraltar, Reunion, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
    • This scheme is designed for customers who primarily live in the UK and ideal for short trips to other places in the EU. To safeguard against abuse, If your roaming usage is greater than usage in the UK over any continuous 120 day period, you will be subject to a surcharge of 0.20p/MB (equivalent to £2/GB) for data, 0.04p/sec (equivalent to 2.4p/min) for outgoing calls, 0.01p/sec (equivalent to 0.6p/min) for incoming calls and 0.8p for sending an SMS.
    • Surcharge is deducted from your Pay As You Go allowance. You will need to top up if you don’t have any.
    •  If you joined Lebara on or after 24th May 2023 you will no longer be able to use PAYG data. If you wish to use data, you will need to opt into a plan or bundle. Browse our plans here
    This page suggests you can use your allowance (your international minutes allowance) to call 42 countries. Having counted the list posted. by the op it comes to 42;

"

International Rates (calling abroad whilst in the UK)

We understand how important it is to stay connected with your family and friends, not just in the UK but all over the world. That is why all our plans include a generous allowance (some even have unlimited) of international calls to over 42 countries at no extra next cost. Click here to know which ones are included. Standard mobile calls and landline calls are included in your international minutes monthly allowance. However, if you do go over your allowance or if you are not on a plan and simply using Pay As You Go, use the tool below to know how much it would cost you."

International calls would seem to be the salient point, which is rather different to roaming like at home. It also doesn't actually mention calling FROM abroad, just calling abroad from UK.

• Using your phone abroad;
    "

Roaming outside of Europe & India

With Lebara you are always in control of your spends whilst using your mobile in the UK or abroad. If you are travelling outside of the UK and India, you will need to have Pay As You Go allowance and you will be charged as per the table below."

• I don't think OP is getting mixed up with calling internationally from the UK. They are referring to roaming outside the UK as reference is made regarding last trip to Switzerland. 

But it's strange that Lebara haven't updated these destinations on their website as it would sell more SIMs.
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 September 2023 at 12:50PM
    I was referring to this https://www.lebara.co.uk/en/uswitch/p/441195.html.  Sorry I now realise these are international calls and not roaming locations - the list of countries confused me.  Still better value than before though!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback