If you are aged 75 or over, or have a child under two, energy suppliers will be permanently banned from forcibly installing a prepayment meter in your home on 8 November. It comes as the energy regulator's current code of practice is to be extended, and become mandatory, in a bid to protect more households.
Forced prepayment meter fittings to be banned for over-75s and those with young children – here's what you need to know
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Forced prepayment meter fittings to be banned for over-75s and those with young children
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards