And now we go again...

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Diary EH! - Have duly subscribed - now back to the first post to have a good read! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your new house sounds lovely - particularly like your kitchen/living space and the sparkly counter...Β 

Good luck in your MFW space. Glad you were able to get such a good deal - I assume that was linked to your low loan to value ratio - really impressive regardless. I'm sure you will soon kick that mortgage into touch. Impressive monthly savings too.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 Β£201,999 with 237 payments to go - now Β£183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door Β£12.65K
    3) CC Β£5.1K on 0% spends card but offset by Β£34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC Β£9.6K/Β£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target Β£13.7/30K 45.7%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,508 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diaryΒ  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Thank you for painting us a picture of your new home. I have no doubt your mortgage will be cleared well before the 16 year term. I'm here to cheer you on as you tackle the mortgage.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
    Β income, home educating familyΒ 
  • Sallyforth
    Options
    Happy New Home @EssexHebridean and Mr EH.Β  I've been following your existing diary avidly but rarely post myself.Β  Have bookmarked your new thread so hope to keep up.Β  We're mortgage and debt free now but must admit sometimes I wish I had more financial challenges like in the old days when we had debt and a high interest mortgage!Β  Not really.
    SF x
    Tilly Tidying and
    PADing in 2024 Β£250.62
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

RIP Mum & Dad - thanks for helping me on my journey to be
    Debt and Mortgage free from 2018

• PennysIntoPounds
    Options
    Oh that bench is lush, good choice on Elizabeth Line. I'm torn between General Standard, Coachworks Forest, and Old District Red. Maybe one of each depending on the room colour scheme. Now all I need is a house πŸ˜‚

That's nice of your mum, what a mse way to celebrate a new garden!
  • MrsPorridge
    Options
    its so exciting setting up in a new home.Β  I still remember the excitement when we last moved 22 years ago - deciding where stuff is to go etc.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure