We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
And now we go again...
Comments
-
Ooh, that's a lovely shot!
Pleased the new steps are going well too 😃
4 -
Fantastic pic!
L
Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #1244 -
Wow what an amazing photo!
Great news about the steps.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪4 -
Thanks all!
Spendiness addition at lunchtime - 2 airshow tickets for the last two shows of the season Duxford one day, Shuttleworth the next) - just under £80 for the two, and will be a good couple of days)
🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00 Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
Balance as at 31/08/24 = £105,400.00 Balance as at 31/12/24 = £102,500.00
£100k barrier broken 1/4/25
Balance as at 31/08/25 = £ 95,450.00. Balance as at 31/12/25 = £ 91,100.00
SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculatorshe/her4 -
Great photo EH , is that with your new camera ?
Life is an adventure, never stop exploring.4 -
Thank you! It is indeed - and it's safe to say I am absolutely loving it so far. It deals with very hot - and thus hazy - conditions far better than anything I have had before which at the current time is definitely a bonus.
Been making some notes here on all things financial and trying to decide between using maturing Regular Saver money to simply get us back on an even keel earlier, or whether to use joint account surplus diverted to the same end, with the balance of Reg saver funds (once the building work has been paid for) being used to add to long term savings. I think I'm leaning towards the "get things straightened out sooner" approach to be honest.
I know what I forgot to mention - remember that lovely bargainous rail ticket for my travel down to Devon ahead of my Lundy Trip next month? well over the weekend I got an email telling me that the train down to Exeter was no longer running. Sigh. A refund is now forthcoming, and I've had to rebook. Thankfully I'm able to connect with pals who are also going down and who can pick me up at Bristol - although even that is still costing an added £15. Really annoying though that they can cancel a service and simply say "well tough, that's you scuppered"!
🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00 Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
Balance as at 31/08/24 = £105,400.00 Balance as at 31/12/24 = £102,500.00
£100k barrier broken 1/4/25
Balance as at 31/08/25 = £ 95,450.00. Balance as at 31/12/25 = £ 91,100.00
SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculatorshe/her7 -
Awesome photography.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.3 -
Stunning photograph! I could gaze at that for hours!
As always, your thoughtful decision making around your saving and spending is very inspiring. You will be able to enjoy the look of those steps every time you come home.
3 -
@EssexHebridean- is that cancelled train from Paddington or Waterloo? The Waterloo train is my route and is still running but reduced to once every two hours rather than once an hour as the is subsidance on the line due to the drought. It is also running at reduced speeds past Salisbury!
4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)(With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)Original End Date - Sept 2041 *** New projection - Aug 2040 (reduced by 1 years & 1 month)4 -
It was Waterloo RT - so yes, the 1120 and the 1320 are still running, but not my 1220 - typical eh! Rebuying for the Paddington > Bristol route does at least give me a far quicker and easier journey - Marc & Laura will pick me up at Parkway so it should all be quite straightforward.
Thanks @beanielou & @Moorviews!
🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00 Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
Balance as at 31/08/24 = £105,400.00 Balance as at 31/12/24 = £102,500.00
£100k barrier broken 1/4/25
Balance as at 31/08/25 = £ 95,450.00. Balance as at 31/12/25 = £ 91,100.00
SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculatorshe/her4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards






