The infamous Alternative Fuel Payment

Options
I never did get this, despite having used LPG for the last 26 years. The reason turned out to be that my property (or a version of its address) was incorrectly recorded as having a mains gas supply. It took me 6 months to get this error corrected and when it eventually was it was a day before the scheme finally closed (31st August) so it was tough luck. The only thing they could suggest was to contact Ofgem, which seems like a forlorn hope. Apart from contacting my MP, who probably has far better things to do, does anyone have any suggestions? It's not critical and the £200 isn't going to change my life, it's just rather annoying that I've missed out through no fault of my own.
2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    If you applied and were rejected for a reason that turned out to be incorrect then it would be fair to give you a right of appeal that extends beyond the application deadline.  I have no idea if that's true; many aspects of the AFP scheme were arbitrary and you may just have come up against one of those  
    Reed
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you applied and were rejected for a reason that turned out to be incorrect then it would be fair to give you a right of appeal that extends beyond the application deadline.  I have no idea if that's true; many aspects of the AFP scheme were arbitrary and you may just have come up against one of those  
    You would think so but I effectively spent 6 months appealing (copies of invoices and photos of gas tanks cut no ice) and the government has now closed that route down.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    Contact your MP?  Rather depends on whether they're any good (or even existing) and they might not be able to do anything anyway despite trying, but I can't help thinking that at least if anything like this happens again, the people at the top need to know where it went wrong this time otherwise it'll just happen again.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2023 at 8:49PM
    Options
    ... but I can't help thinking that at least if anything like this happens again, the people at the top need to know where it went wrong this time otherwise it'll just happen again.
    The database (at https://www.findmysupplier.energy/) is actually a mess, with addresses recorded in various different ways and just from looking t it contains numerous errors. Usually this doesn't matter much but in this case it did. I live at number 22 and there was an entry for "Plot 22" in my road and this was what clobbered it. The "Plot 22" actually turned out to be the original designation for number 14 of a road that comes off mine (and the property concerned is in a block of flats that could easily be mistaken for being on my road).
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    KevinG said:
    ... but I can't help thinking that at least if anything like this happens again, the people at the top need to know where it went wrong this time otherwise it'll just happen again.
    The database (at https://www.findmysupplier.energy/) is actually a mess, with addresses recorded in various different ways and just from looking t it contains numerous errors. Usually this doesn't matter much but in this case it did. I live at number 22 and there was an entry for "Plot 22" in my road and this was what clobbered it. The "Plot 22" actually turned out to be the original designation for number 14 of a road that comes off mine (and the property concerned is in a block of flats that could easily be mistaken for being on my road).
    Ah yes, I've learned from the regulars here that that is a very common source of jumbled meter registrations and takes an age to correct.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback