No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - September 2023

Options

Comments

• ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Morning all.  Few more UU's  from over the weekend:

Jordan Samuel Skin The Aftershow Treatment Cleanser: HG, love it, have replaced with another one.  Although I do also have a mini of the Avene Cleanance Gel to try again as used to love it back in the day but will stick with the JSS for now.

Benton Fermented Eye Cream: didn't really notice a difference with this and the texture was a little strange to me.  Have replaced with the Innisfree Green Tea eye cream which I used this morning and felt amazing.

TBS Shea Body Butter: this was the mini size and I loved using it.  Forgot how much I love TBS body butters but they are so expensive right now.  Haven't replaced as have another body lotion already opened but this was great for use after a good exfoliation.

I'm From Honey Mask: this was a mini and it lasted a while.  Took a bit of trial and error to make sure I was using the right amount for my skin but it definitely left it softer.  Have a few sheet masks to use up over the next few weeks and will then maybe repurchase this in the full size for some added moisture.

So my updated PP list is looking like this:

Bobbi Brown Java eyeshadow
    Nars Rikugien Lip Pencil 
    UD Last Call eyeshadow
    It Cosmetics CC Cream
    1 Body Lotion
    1 eye cream (I have 2 open at the moment...)
    Sephora beige eyeshadow
    DKNY Be Delicious perfume
    TBS Shea Body Butter
    Neal's Yard Bee Lovely Hand Cream

I can see 3 products on there that I think I can use up by the end of the month but will probably be a few more roll overs into October at this rate.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Another UU:

Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm. WBA. This was a sample, liked it.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My PP List updated

The Inkey List Retinol serum - UU replaced from stash

Skinsense Retinol serum - no way of knowing how much left.

Into The Night shower gel- about 1/5,th left

Eucerin eye cream - have to bend tube to release product.

MAC Primer - DONE

ABC Body wash - DONE

Aloe Vera shower gel - have this in a travel bottle which is half empty.

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue - UU replaced from stash

Filorga eye cream- mini tube. Cut open.

Added
    Essie Good to go top coat

Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    I finished my MAC Primer. I have opened a Maybelline Fit Me Primer and did mix ot with the MAC one today. Will try this out until i go away and see which i prefer as i have another MAC one.

Also UU Bare Minerals setting spray. Sad that i cant repurchase.

Also UU Liz Earle No9 Botanical Essence. Again sad that i cant repurchase.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Clutterbug07
    Options
    UU
    • Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover:  already bought the replacement
    • Sure Nonstop Protection 72H- Cotton Dry 75mL
    • Bondi Sands SPF 50+ Fragrance free 4 hr water resist lotion: A good sunscreen, would repurchase (and have a few times)

Gave away
    • Sure Cotton Dry anti-perspirant deodorant - 150ml: Forgot that we didn't have check-in luggage on the way back from holiday, and this is over 100ml.  So I left this with my brother and partner, so a bit annoying but at least its not gone to waste!
    • Soltan Once Lotion SPF50+:  Ditto this sunscreen.
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • VALM
    Options
    Another UU Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom handwash.

We have a new stand alone store open in the Trafford Centre now and we visited it last Saturday. There was a good offer on the handwashes but its too close to my trip to spend tge money on these plus I have handwash in my stadh. Ive really got to grips with waiting until i actually need a replacement now.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Hope you had a good trip @Clutterbug07 and well done on staying strong at Bath & Body Works @VALM

Couple more UU's to report:

Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm - this was the blueberry scent one and while I like the product, I hated this scent because it was just so fake smelling.  Have replaced with the limited edition TBS Camomile Cleansing Balm in the Camelia scent (which smells like Flight of Passage if you've been to Animal Kingdom in Disney World).

DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum 50ml - This used to be my everyday perfume a long time ago but it's not for me anymore so needed to use this up as don't know how long I've had it.  Have a few perfume samples to work through so will be swapping those in and out before I buy anything new.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • VALM
    Options
    UU Filorga eye cream. I cant say that I noticed a difference when using it.

I was at the Trafford Cebtre last night and ended up treating myself to some new eyeshadow for my trip. I bought 4 of the REM Beauty liquid eyeshadows. Wearing Experiment today. Felt really creamy on application.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 14 September 2023 at 10:37AM
    Options
    I've just joined as a TBS consultant, but I am not going to sell (probably), I still have flashbacks about my time as an Avon rep and there's just no way I want to go through anything similar at the moment, I'll get sucked in and spend too much of my own money! Basically I have ordered their £10 mini starter kit which has stuff in it I will use myself, and then I can save on personal purchases apparently. I signed up with someone I know quite well so I doubt they'd lie to me like the woman who signed me up with Avon!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Joining back in. Plasterer been and so bathrooms in upheaval again and I've been doing this month on minimal products. Need to sort through the stash.

Unused shampoos that I will not use (because I've switched to hairdresser recommendation for hair loss)  going into the hand wash bottle and I can actually open the cupboard door now without things falling out so I think an improvement there!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback