reclaim missed TAX free childcare

Dear All,

I never claimed anything from the gov, so have no idea of how the benefits system work, recently came across the TAX free childcare and I was eligible and started calming it. I now realise that I missed out on that for about year and a half. I was just wondering if there is anyway of backdating the payments for that please, any help would be much appreciated.

My partner did mention if we fail to pay TAXes then HMRC would back date then and would ask us to pay it , so why should they not pay these payments. Seems like a valid point.

thanks all,


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards