Virgin Media fake usage charges and fallout
Hello all, I wonder if I could please beg some advice.
• Sat 15 July: Virgin Media suspend services, no warning. Call them and find out I have 'unbilled usage charges on phone'. Obviously I object to having services suspended for not paying for something I haven't been billed for. They say they have to send an engineer.
• Tue 18 July: services mysteriously restored, and now the unbilled usage charges have appeared on the account. There are £500+ of calls, all to the same number, which is the Virgin Media customer service line. For example:
There is a landline service on the package, but there has *never* been a phone installed.
• I immediately cancel my direct debit, so they don't take the £500 from me.
• Later on that day an engineer visits, concludes he can't do anything and they need to send a 'second level' engineer.
• Time passes. Nothing happens. I lodge complaints. I call them again. Get promised an investigation into complaint within a week. Complaint is simply deleted in that time. I lodge more complaints. Eventually a second engineer is booked 1pm-6pm on Fri 25 Aug. By this point, I'm getting warning calls about my account being in arrears.
• Fri 25 Aug: engineer turns up at 18:15—i.e. too late; everyone has assumed they're not coming and has had to leave the house. I try to explain what is happening on the phone to the engineer. Engineer says they will call their manager. I hear nothing further.
• Today. Services now suspended, no rebooking of engineer. No response to complaints.
What should I do?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards