Rateable value UU

Options
Just my wife and I have been living in our 4 bed detached since the girls went to Uni 5 years ago. So earlier this year we finally got round to looking to get a water meter from UU. Unfortunately there was no room for one either inside or outside the house (which took two visits). We were unaware of rateable values until I read the MSE email last month. So I got my wife (as she’s the bill payer) to contact UU to move onto this. However they have said no unless WE can prove that no water meter can be installed ad THEY have no record of the two visits to check if a meter can be installed. They are clearly taking the Mickey here right? We didn’t keep the correspondence. Our bill is over £90/mth. Should we just go to OFWAT? Thanks

Comments

• Green_hopeful
    Options
    Just complain to UU and if they can’t fit a meter they will charge on an assessed measured basis. They ask some questions and work out an estimate of what you use. You can also ask for a copy of the job notes relating to your house which will tell you what has been recorded. They should only give you the records relating to your occupation so it won’t tell you about previous people. 
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    PAB190968 said:
    However they have said no unless WE can prove that no water meter can be installed ad THEY have no record of the two visits to check if a meter can be installed.
    It sounds like you need to invite them out again to fit a water meter!
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • PAB190968
    Options
    QrizB said:
    PAB190968 said:
    However they have said no unless WE can prove that no water meter can be installed ad THEY have no record of the two visits to check if a meter can be installed.
    It sounds like you need to invite them out again to fit a water meter!
    That’s exactly what we’ll do. That will cost them money so they may acquiesce then.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback