Kids football fees

Options
Son plays as goalkeeper for local team. Fees are £35 a month to cover two training sessions per week (no specific goalkeeper training) plus Saturday games. Team want to add in a 3rd weekly training session for all the keepers at different age groups through the club but are expecting goalies to pay an additional £20 per month for this. Am I being unreasonable to object to this - mainly on the basis of fairness across the team?

Comments

• billy2shots
    billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 August 2023 at 10:56AM
    Options
    You don't need to object. You just don't take part in the additional training if you and your son choose not to. 

Better that the team provides as much as they can, then you have the choice to do 'extras' or not. 

We pay £26 a month for 1 training session and 1 match each week for context. 
  • bluelad1927
    Options
    It does seem a little unfair to me. I'm guessing most parents wouldn't approve if they were expected to pay for position specific training that came at extra cost
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you negotiate and lose one of the other sessions? I'd struggle with the time, never mind the money.

Signature removed for peace of mind
  • DigSunPap
    Options
    It's not unreasonable to object. Your son doesn't have to attend the extra session. You will have to weigh up if the GK specific session is worth the extra £5 per week. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback