Ovo

Sunnysaint
Sunnysaint Forumite Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Has anybody any experience of an energy company changing a tariff during a fixed tariff period? I am currently with OVO on a 2 year dual fuel fixed tariff until September 23. I began to query my usage and billing ,only to be told that my electricity tariff only, had been fixed for two years at a much higher rate from July 23. I never sanctioned such a change and why would I when I was still locked into a deal. Any ideas or suggestions. This is NOT the first problem I have had with this company.

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Forumite Posts: 879
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to provide much more detail than this. Names of the tariffs, rates you have been charged (either excluding or including VAT), etc.
  • Sunnysaint
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The dual fuel that was fixed until September '23 had electricity charged at 14.83p per Kwh with a standing charge of 27.4 per day. The rate which was changed in July( and once again I say ,without my consent /permission) is another 2year fixed with the charge now 56.40 p per Kwh and a standing charge of 51.52p.
    I cannot see how Ovo can suddenly switch ONE tariff and leave gas alone without any consent or even any notice to myself. Any suggestions?
    PS I had an email from Ovo on 30th July to remind me my fixed rate deal was ending in September and gave me options

• la531983
    la531983 Forumite Posts: 879
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ask them to provide proof of when you agreed to a new fix, that rate is significantly higher than the Government capped rate.
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    CSI_Yorkshire Forumite Posts: 1,792
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 August at 10:50AM
    The dual fuel that was fixed until September '23 had electricity charged at 14.83p per Kwh with a standing charge of 27.4 per day. The rate which was changed in July( and once again I say ,without my consent /permission) is another 2year fixed with the charge now 56.40 p per Kwh and a standing charge of 51.52p.
    I cannot see how Ovo can suddenly switch ONE tariff and leave gas alone without any consent or even any notice to myself. Any suggestions?
    PS I had an email from Ovo on 30th July to remind me my fixed rate deal was ending in September and gave me options

Tariff Names.

The only OVO fix I can find from July is almost spot on the price cap rates, and both the March and July fixes offered by OVO that I can find were 1-year fixes.
  • Sunnysaint
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for your replies BUT the fact remains that OVO unilaterally decided to up my electricity tariff without permission or consent from myself AND while I was still in a fixed 2 year deal ending in September. 
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    Forumite
    Thank you for your replies BUT the fact remains that OVO unilaterally decided to up my electricity tariff without permission or consent from myself AND while I was still in a fixed 2 year deal ending in September. 
    You still haven't actually told us what either the tariff you were on or the tariff you are on now was called, or when it actually changed.

There are no facts here, only your assertions, and we can't help you unless you give us information.
  • Sunnysaint
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I was on plan 2 year fixed 16/09/23 the rates on this plan where .....electric 14.83 per Kwh with a standing charge of 27.4p per day........gas 3.86 per Kwh with a standing charge of 24.91 p per day.
    The gas has stayed on the same rate/plan until September, whilst as I keep reiterating the electricity was "switched" to a 2 year fixed from 7th July until 5th July 25.........the rate for electricity ONLY on this new switched plan .
     is 56.40 p per Kwh with a daily standing charge of 51.52p
    I hope this helps
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    Forumite
    edited 18 August at 3:29PM
    I've just been back on the OVO site and looked at their old tariffs - I can't find any 2-year fixed tariffs mentioned anywhere in the list they present to me.  I also can't find any tariffs with an electricity rate of 56.4p per kWh, whether fixed, variable, single rate or multi rate.

Are you sure that's what you're actually being charged?
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Forumite Posts: 2,820
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was on plan 2 year fixed 16/09/23 the rates on this plan where .....electric 14.83 per Kwh with a standing charge of 27.4p per day........gas 3.86 per Kwh with a standing charge of 24.91 p per day.
    The gas has stayed on the same rate/plan until September, whilst as I keep reiterating the electricity was "switched" to a 2 year fixed from 7th July until 5th July 25.........the rate for electricity ONLY on this new switched plan .
    I hope this helps
    You are only telling us prices but you need to tell us the tariff NAMES.

Might be something like OVO Fixed Rate July 21 V3,  a made up an example
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    Forumite
    Alnat1 said:
    I hope this helps
    You are only telling us prices but you need to tell us the tariff NAMES.

Might be something like OVO Fixed Rate July 21 V3,  a made up an example
    OVO are actually quite annoying from that perspective (but at least it's consistent and obvious) - their tariff names right now are OVO Variable and OVO 1 Year Fixed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback