We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Power reserve



  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry, my mistake, thanks for the correction.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    anoshka said:
    If my letter to her dose not work .a solicitor will Write one for me. A cost of approx £600.3 hours work 
    £600 for a letter?  I don't think so.  You need to speak with another solicitor. 
  • MiniEggs
    MiniEggs Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    This sounds horrible, I'm afraid you will have to get legal. Car etc are one thing but does you dad own a house or perhaps more importantly does she? If you are actually going to sue her for many thousands of pounds does she have any assets that mean you stand some chance of getting it back? Ultimately you can't get blood out of a stone
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards