Partially withdrawing Help to Buy
Hey fellow money nerds!
Hope you're doing well today
I have £17,000 in an old Help to Buy ISA. I'm presuming I'm OK to withdraw £5,000 into my bank account, leaving the £12,000 maximum for the government bonus without causing any issues? I know a solicitor has to be the one to handle the £12,000 when a mortgage is applied for but but presuming I can faff with the rest of it myself...
I called Halifax but they didn't know 🙄
Thanks so much!!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards