IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

A swift kick in the nethers for UKPC/DCB Legal in County Court approaches

Options

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,078 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 August 2023 at 10:08AM
    Options
    They say:
    Due to no payment being made the charge has since escalated to debt recovery where further costs have been incurred. Due to the level of this charge, as we have discussed over the phone cannot be cancelled
    But then say:
    ...as a gesture of goodwill I am able to reduce the charge back to £15 for a period of 14 days.
    Just shows what a pack of lies these scammers dream up, and are too stupid to realise how they contradict themselves!
    As for the property agent what level of professionalism or property management skills do those idiots possess if they cannot even control their own contractors.

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Why would you pay UKPC anything let alone to a stupid debt collector

This is just another UKPC rubbish case 
    A judge recently said that UKPC cases were ridiculous and amount to extortion.

If this follows through with their favourite legal DCBL, that's where the fun begins and it's copy and paste all the way to being discontinued
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Registered post with printed letter. Defence is basically done.

Absolutely NO POSTING IT.

Do what the Template Defence thread says.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • porridgestation
    porridgestation Posts: 36 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2023 at 9:20AM
    Options
    Defence submitted by email (12pt Times New Roman, signed and dated, scanned PDF) to the email address specified by Keith P in the 12 step template by Coupon-mad about 10 minutes ago. Receipt from CCBC AQ received a minute or so later.

The defence was the 'residential site with secure key fob access' template with (1) the details in red amended for my situation (2) two paragraphs from the lease about the parking space being (a) integral part of the demise and (b) no parking restrictions imposed, and (3) defendant's family instead of defendant in terms of the leaseholder.

Kept it simple, no deviation from the template.

Onwards to the N180 questionnaire, and one step closer to loading up that sweet, sweet kick in the nethers.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 August 2023 at 10:52AM
    Options
    one step closer to loading up that sweet, sweet kick in the nethers.
    They keep their nethers fully protected - by discontinuing before you even get close to pulling your foot back! 🥾 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2023 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Defence submitted by email (12pt Times New Roman, signed and dated, scanned PDF) to the email address specified by Keith P in the 12 step template by Coupon-mad about 10 minutes ago. Receipt from CCBC AQ received a minute or so later.

The defence was the 'residential site with secure key fob access' template with (1) the details in red amended for my situation (2) two paragraphs from the lease about the parking space being (a) integral part of the demise and (b) no parking restrictions imposed, and (3) defendant's family instead of defendant in terms of the leaseholder.

Kept it simple, no deviation from the template.

Onwards to the N180 questionnaire, and one step closer to loading up that sweet, sweet kick in the nethers.

But if you used the several-years-old residential defence example (and not the Template Defence with some good wording inserted) then:

(a) you missed telling the Judge why the added fake fee is unconscionable and what the DLUHC exposed about it last week, and

(b) you copied an old defence with a four year out of date (short) statement of truth.

There's only one Template Defence.  I'm not sure if you used it?

The links to 'examples of good wording for certain types of case' are not provided as template defences to copy the whole thing, because they are old.  They are in the NEWBIES thread to give people some good phrases or paragraphs to use and insert within the 'facts' section of the Template Defence.

I am sure it will be fine.  Just making the above clear so newbies don't use an old defence as their base.

You have a strong case but the example residential defences aren't for copying verbatim, due to the missing info about the DLUHC's analysis of the fake 'fees' and the very old Statement of Truth. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • YankeeBrit
    YankeeBrit Posts: 180 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to be clear... did you print your defence and then scan it back in as a PDF file or do you mean that you just saved/exported your defence as a PDF file?
  • porridgestation
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 November 2023 at 1:14PM
    Options
    Just a quick update:
    1. I've purchased some nice quality boots for the upcoming swift kick

2. Received the claimant N180 via email from the incompetent children at DCB Legal at the end of August; this one was from a very junior paralegal who told me (only just holding a straight face I can imagine) that UKPC read my defence in detail and decided to continue the claim. Their N180 wanted a telephone interview held at their local court in Nuneaton.

3. I emailed acknowledgement of the N180 and advised the junior paralegal that I look forward to our upcoming jousting session, she'll probably be sending me a discontinuation shortly, her choice of employer was questionable and I won't settle for any amount above £0.00, so don't even bother.

4. Early October the defendant N180 arrived via post. I filled in a digital copy and emailed to the claims centre before sending a copy to DCB Legal, transferring it to my local court in London (227 miles away) and requesting a full hearing since I have had enough of aggressive letters from people too ashamed at their shake down business model to show their faces or pick up a phone.

5. MCOL have 39 working day lead time for processing N180 forms, so I have another 10 or so days before I start the small claims track (which appears to be another 37 days)

If you're reading this and are scared of the county court claims process, don't be, this forum is simply the best place on the Internet for incredible advice. I'm actually relieved that it's almost over, with world class defence templates having paid nothing to UKPC. Don't be scared.

I've completed my witness statement ahead of time and it's just a matter of time until either:

1. The gurning clowns at UKPC **** the bed and discontinue knowing they can't win the case, losing £35.00.
    2. The sad sacks at DCB Legal beg me to settle before (1) happens anyway.
    3. The hearing takes place, the Judge dismisses the claim and (1) happens anyway.

• UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    Have you included the recent appeal judgment in the CEL v Chan case that everyone is now including in their defence or WS which invariably sees the claims being struck out for failing to comply with Civil Procedure Rule 16.4(1)(e) and Practice Direction Part 16.7.5?

Even though this is most likely to be discontinued, it is worth having th CEL v Chan transcript in your WS as a fail-safe.
  • porridgestation
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 November 2023 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Have you included the recent appeal judgment in the CEL v Chan case that everyone is now including in their defence or WS which invariably sees the claims being struck out for failing to comply with Civil Procedure Rule 16.4(1)(e) and Practice Direction Part 16.7.5?

Even though this is most likely to be discontinued, it is worth having th CEL v Chan transcript in your WS as a fail-safe.
    I have indeed. I used the Defence template from July 2023 which includes both the Civil Procedure Rule and Practice Direction failures to comply. The particulars of claim in my case is the common garden Yasmin Mia comedy signoff that doesn't comply with either of them.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback