Selling holiday on to third party

Options
I have a 3 night break booked at the weekend via Booking.com but unfortunately cannot make. The resort will not let me cancel or cancel for a proportion of a fee. I have no insurance. Is it possible to advertise the holiday for sale to a third party and sell it on. If so where would be the best place to do this

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 July 2023 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Facebook Marketplace?  Local to you.  Assuming you can 'give' your holiday details to the buyer.....
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,867 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's potentially a pretty risky thing to do - unless Booking.com are happy to transfer the booking into the purchaser's name, it could leave you liable for any damage they might cause....
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also if you have flights, you can't transfer them to someone else.

But the hotel booking might not allow name change either as they often require ID for the person checking in who should be the same name on the booking.

Honestly, you might not have much luck as I know I wouldn't buy a second hand holiday that may or may not work.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Majic
    Majic Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    uk holiday, booking.com might be willing
  • Majic
    Majic Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there is a site transfertravel.com. Would that be a good place to start? Any experiences?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback