Builder pressuring - should I be worried?
I was quoted for some work done by a roofer last week to start this coming week, my flat felt roof is leaking so they quoted to fibreglass over roof, all seemed fine.
I text them earlier to delay the work due to weather forecast (thunder/rain next few days) and i’ve since had 4 texts and 4 missed calls from them. The last text saying they have bought materials and if i’m not going ahead he will have to drop materials off with me. (This is despite them already having the materials in the van and offering to start work straight away last week)
Should I be worried about this? I feel quite pressured from the texts despite not even cancelling. If this isn’t normal, as I agreed a date can I now cancel without risk? I haven’t paid anything so far.
I’ve read you definitely shouldn't lay fibreglass during rain which is why I wanted to delay. I’ve also just read fibreglass shouldn't be laid onto felt?
Not much info about the company online, recently set up.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards