IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
ONE DAY LEFT to add your questions before the Forum 'Ask An Expert: Energy' event ends. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer some from Wed afternoon
Company Car - Need to Accept being driver to aleviate employer?
I'm struggling at the moment to understand what I can do next for the best possible outcome. Any ideas will be thankfully welcomed.
I am an employee and have a company car assigned to me. The car is leased by my employer.
I know that it's always best to reply as the Registered keeper, and NOT the driver, but I need to take ownership from my employer.
I recveived yesterday (19th) but says it was issued on the 7th.
I am thinking of accepting as driver & maybe stating that I did pay & enter reg but their system must have had an error.
Can see in the newbies section that some examples used:
* "I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers."
* Further, I understand you do not own the car park and you have given me no information about your policy with the landowner or on site businesses, to cancel such a charge. So please supply that policy as required under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013."
Can alo ask for copy of contract, which I know they often don't reply with.
Also ask for evidence of signage as stipulated under BPA rules.
* Notice sent to my employer because leasing company gave their details.
* Empoyer emailed to me & empoyer not yet given my deltails to parking company.
* Says it was issued on 7th, but only g
* Says I Did Not Pay for parking.
* Went back to the site yesterday and found the entrance sign covered with overgrowth from tree & the part I parked in had no sign, but the next row of spots (6 places up from mine) did have a sign.
* There are pay and siaply machines on-site, but I didn't see at the time.
* Parking Company is: Premier Parking Ltd.
This is my first time with a company car so any ideas and assistance would be thakfully accepted.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards