Alert (Bell Symbol) Showing Unread On Other Pages

Options
Qyburn
Qyburn Posts: 2,329 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
Does anyone know exactly what clears the notifications on the top right?  Quite often I find I'm clicking on the notification only to find it's a post I've already seen. Sometimes one I've seen a couple of days ago.

As an example I looked the the forum this afternoon, there was an alert for new comments on a thread from 10:37 this morning, all perfectly correct. However after following the link and reading those posts, the notification still keeps appearing when I view other pages. Even after refreshing the page.

For example it's show at the top of the screen right now, for those posts from 10:37 which I've already read.

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are a few hiccups with this site but it takes time to iron them all out I guess 
  • Qyburn
    Options
    Well hopefully reporting them will mean they get fixed.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
     On my phone bottom right on the list of notifications there is a 'mark all read' button 
  • Qyburn
    Options
    Cheers. So after viewing the links from the notifications, you have to actively go back and "mark all read" is that correct? Seems a bit naff. 
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'm finding that the bell number isn't properly counting down, at least not until I've got to the last thread and only then if I press F5 to refresh the page. (I'd expect visiting the threads with notifications to automatically reduce the notifications count without having to refresh the page).
    Jenni x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure