MSE App - not for forum use

Options
nic_c
nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I installed the MSE App on my Samsung Phone (Android 13) and whilst you can browse the main articles, even use the chatGPT bot, Forums are not ideal.

You log in and can use forum very much like a web browser, but when I close the app down it forgets that I was logged in and so asks me to log in when I launch again.

I suppose I can leave the app running in the background and it should be okay, but web browsers set cookies so that when you go back, even after closing the browser or rebooting the phone it remembers.

So going to go back to using a web browser. Then again once the novelty of the chatbot has worn off, there isn't much advantage to having the app.

Comments

• MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,184 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    Thanks @nic_c  - I've passed on your feedback to the team working on the app
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Charizard
    Options
    Hi can I ask if you use the same (forum) credentials to log in to the MSE app as it doesn't seem to like mine! Or do I have to register a new MSE app account?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Charizard said:
    Hi can I ask if you use the same (forum) credentials to log in to the MSE app as it doesn't seem to like mine! Or do I have to register a new MSE app account?
    I used the same.
  • MSE_James
    Options
    Hi @Charizard  - the login for the 'MyMSE' features of the app is separate from the forum. 

It may be that @nic_c  has used the same email address and password for both, but they are separate systems that require separate registration.
  • frosch411
    frosch411 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can log in ok and post, but currently unable to insert a picture to my post.
    Using the app on Android 13.
    This is quite inconvenient as I'd have to log in and post via a browser now.
    Not sure if it's a known issue but thought I would post here.
    Thanks 👍🏼
  • MSE_James
    Options
    Hi @frosch411 - we had heard from another Forumite recently about being unable to upload images to the Forum on the Android app. 

I had already logged this with the team that looks after the app, and will add your report to the system as well. Thank you!
  • frosch411
    frosch411 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSE_James said:
    Hi @frosch411 - we had heard from another Forumite recently about being unable to upload images to the Forum on the Android app. 

I had already logged this with the team that looks after the app, and will add your report to the system as well. Thank you!
    Grratt, thank you James 😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure