WWYD with this?

Options
2»

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd glue it back together and use it as a base for some sort of diorama, maybe a grassy area with a Tiger Tank parked up.
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Options
    You could also make it into a cheese, pizza or charcuterie board using food grade epoxy (you probably shouldn't use it as a chopping board)

You'd need a round silicone mould the right size and can get small kits online. This kind of thing: 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • SadieO
    SadieO Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 19 July 2023 at 5:06PM
    Options
    I can see it won't be long before the other joins go....I don't feel attached to it

It's not attached to itself either  :D

Honestly after getting 20 years of use out of it I'd accept it was its time! I appreciate you not wanting to bin things willy-nilly but don't spend time and money trying to make something out of it, it's really not worth it. Let it go (as the song says!)
  • OddballJock
    Options
    As a woodworker, I can see the breaks look clean.  Careful rub down with 120 grit sandpaper, or pick off any old glue with a knife, and re-glue using decent wood glue (Titebond 2, is considered one of the best).  Clamp together, but not so tightly as the wood warps.  Rub down the whole thing with 240 grit sandpaper and then give it as much mineral oil as it will hold.  And dont put it in the dishwasher... ever!  :)
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Some inspired ideas, keep them coming! 
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Break it down into it's various parts and make some labels out of them with pyrography.
  • Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Options
    I'd glue it back together and use it as a base for some sort of diorama, maybe a grassy area with a Tiger Tank parked up.
    Any photo's ?

I was in waiting room the other day that has a display cabinet of fine models, find it helps with the white coat syndrome.
  • Postik
    Postik Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    As suggested by OddballJock I would give the edges a sand, and then glue it together using strong wood glue.
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a similar thing happen on my wooden boards.  Dead simple if it's a clean break, which it looks to be.  A bead of EvoStik Resin W wood glue, clamp it together firmly, leave overnight, good as new.
    No, I don't work for EvoStik!  It's just of those products that's been around for generations, and with good reason - it's bloomin' good stuff.  "Stronger than the wood itself", they claim, and I'm inclined to agree having used it religiously for more years than I care to remember.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback