Personalised Work Wear

OoohBarracuda
OoohBarracuda Forumite Posts: 5
Photogenic First Post
Forumite
Ill start off by saying I know things are different in terms of getting a refund as the items I have ordered are personalised, but if anyone can help with my situation as in how to proceed next I'd be really grateful as I don't know where to go from here.

Back on the 15th of March after seeing an ad on Facebook (checked company out online) I ordered some personalised workwear, with the intention of me trying it out and then potentially repeating the order for everyone at the company I work at. I paid and got an email confirmation saying delivery would be up to and including 17 days. Great I thought not a bad turnaround time.......

On the 27th of April I finally had to ask them what had happened to my order, a day later response was as follows, 
I hope you’re well and thank you for the email regarding your order.

We expect this to be between 3-7 days before despatched. 

This is due to some current delays due to high demand.

We are working as quickly as possible to get your order despatched and we will be in touch if we need anything else from you. 

A tracking email will be sent once your order has been despatched from us

Thank you for your patience,

Fast forward to the 17th of May and I had to get in touch again, 2 days later response,
Due to high demand, orders are taking longer than usual to be processed.

We take our commitment to delivering orders on time very seriously, and I want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to get your order to you as soon as possible. Our team is working around the clock to expedite the delivery process and ensure that your order arrives at your doorstep in the shortest possible time.

We are aiming to despatch your order within around 5 working days.

The date could change slightly, so please bare with us during this time. 

As the items are currently being processed in the warehouse, we’d like to send these if possible. 

We will be in touch with your tracking once your items are on the way.  

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

By now you have probably guessed the reason for my post today almost 4 month on and I've still not had what I ordered and paid for nor have I had any other contact from them.
3 times I've been told of a delivery timescale 3 times it has majorly passed by, what are my options as I need this resolving one way or another?

PS sorry for the long post!!!  

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Forumite Posts: 7,258
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Firstly you say you are purchasing these as a test, is that as an individual or as a business, how did you pay (bank transfer, personal card, business card) and does the supplier deal with general consumers or are they B2B only? When did you first place the order, was it online?

Apart from that tell them that you no longer wish to proceed and that the order is cancelled. I know that industry very well, there is no reason for delays of that kind of length, stock in certain colours could be a minor issue, but there would be substitute garments available. 
  • tightauldgit
    tightauldgit Forumite Posts: 2,546
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    First thing is - not a consumer rights issue as its a B2B order. So your rights and ability to cancel are whatever is specified in the contract and terms you signed up to. So you really need to look at what those terms are before anyone can help you. 

Was there a delivery date specified in the order or just an estimate? Is there anything in there about late delivery or failure to deliver?

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Forumite Posts: 6,534
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How did you pay OP?

If it was by card it might be worth a chat with the bank regarding a chargeback for non-receipt.

If OP is an employee I'm not sure it's a B2B contract, although either way OP is unlikely to be considered a consumer. 
  • OoohBarracuda
    Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the replies, 

Firstly you say you are purchasing these as a test, is that as an individual or as a business, how did you pay (bank transfer, personal card, business card) and does the supplier deal with general consumers or are they B2B only? When did you first place the order, was it online?
    As an individual online on the 15th of March, I wanted a different style of uniform than that provided at work. I am the manager of the company I work for if all had gone well I would have recommended them to be our uniform provider. Paid online with my own personal card, the supplier will deal with anyone.

First thing is - not a consumer rights issue as its a B2B order.  

Was there a delivery date specified in the order or just an estimate? Is there anything in there about late delivery or failure to deliver?

Sorry have to disagree on the first part my order has nothing to do with the business I work for was a personal purchase, future orders could have been through the business.

Order was to be delivered within the period of 17 working days,
    then within 3-7 days of their first reply
    and then a within 5 working days after their second reply 

• OoohBarracuda
    Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    How did you pay OP?

If it was by card it might be worth a chat with the bank regarding a chargeback for non-receipt.

If OP is an employee I'm not sure it's a B2B contract, although either way OP is unlikely to be considered a consumer. 
    With my own personal card, the company I purchased from have no idea that what I was buying for myself was to potentially order more from them but through the company I work for at a later date. So I would say I definitely am a consumer?
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Forumite Posts: 6,534
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 12 July at 3:10PM
    How did you pay OP?

With my own personal card, the company I purchased from have no idea that what I was buying for myself was to potentially order more from them but through the company I work for at a later date. So I would say I definitely am a consumer?
    A consumer is legally defined under the Consumer Rights Act as

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/2

“Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual's trade, business, craft or profession.

So workwear could potentially not be classed be as a consumer purchase depending upon the specifics (which we should have clarified to be fair :) )

If you purchase a suit to go to work in it is reasonable to say you might wear it for weddings or nights out or whatever and so you'd be a consumer. 

If you've purchased a novelty t-shirt because it would be fun around the office that could probably be a consumer purchase as you could state you'd wear it during everyday activities as well.

If you purchase steel toe cap boots with a company logo or branding on that would probably be viewed as relating to your profession and you wouldn't be a consumer.

The bank might not even go into that much detail on it @born_again is our resident expert on card processes and might advise whether any complications at potentially not being a consumer having an bearing on the chargeback process. 

• clive0510
    clive0510 Forumite Posts: 795
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    Forumite
    this is who we use. never seem {pun not intended} to have any problems. just a few hiccups when everyone was furloughed. 
    https://www.clothes2order.com/pages/kustom-kit.
  • OoohBarracuda
    Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I see what you are saying with regards to workwear being logo'd and named as the company issued ones are. Because of my position in the company I usually buy my own clothes to wear at work, work don't pay for them although they would and have offered to before I prefer to provide my own at my own expense. Whilst what I buy sometimes does have a small logo on I do wear them outside of work too as unless you know the logo personally 9 out of 10 people wouldn't associate it with a place of work. Not disagreeing on the consumer standpoint just explaining why I feel its different :)
  • Robbo66
    Robbo66 Forumite Posts: 432
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    given that the ad was on facebook it is more than likely a scam. FB is rife with these sorts of ads and I wouldnt be surprised if you never see the clothing let alone get your money back
  • OoohBarracuda
    Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Robbo66 said:
    given that the ad was on facebook it is more than likely a scam. FB is rife with these sorts of ads and I wouldnt be surprised if you never see the clothing let alone get your money back
    I can defo see why you said that, but I did check the company out online at their website and through companies house etc before I decided to place the order with them. Couldn't find anything negative online about them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback