Desperately seeking bank with good customer service
I can understand that companies want to save money, but after a terrible week of spending hours ‘communicating’ with customer support staff working for three different financial institutions, I’ve had enough. Quite frankly, I can’t wait for AI to take over, as it will probably be better than the service we have now.
Is the bank I’m looking for really a unicorn?!? This is what I’m looking for:
– Helpline where no multi-layer questions are asked by a glorified answering machine just to put me through to a customer services rep.
– No customer service centre in India. Not sure what’s going on, but over the years, the command of English by call centre or chat support staff has declined, which leads to a lot of wasted time because they don’t really provide support.
– Customer service reps who actually know what banks do or should be doing. Once upon a time, you could go to a branch and they could sort your problems. And in the early days of phone banking, that was ok, too. Now, they ask you stupid questions that don’t make sense, and it feels like I have to school the staff in what they should do.
The bank above may well be non-existent in this day and age. But please prove me wrong…
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards