Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Plus net have just increased my broadband by 14%
    i still have 18 months on the contract
    the associated sim only are also going up 
    is there anyway i can get out of the broadband contract

No because that's what you agreed to when you signed up.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just why are the government allowing telecoms companies to rip us off with rpi plus increases every year ???
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just why are the government allowing telecoms companies to rip us off with rpi plus increases every year ???

Why are people agreeing to contracts with built in price rises?

Please don't say "because they all do it", because that would be untrue.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • moneysaver
    moneysaver Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary

Can you provide the names?

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2023 at 2:40PM
    Although no one likes price increases , if you are told , in advance, that the price will increase , on a particular date , by an amount based on the inflation rate plus x %, it cannot really be described as a rip off ( in what universe can applying the terms of a freely entered into contract a rip-off ?) 
    There were , and probably still are companies that guarantee no annual price increase over the term of the contract period, the question for those companies is are they charging too much at the start  , if they can absorb a 14% increase ( or whatever  ) and still make a profit, it suggests they are charging more than necessary at the start of the deal so that by the end of the deal they don’t lose money,  losing money on customers is a bad business plan, obviously these companies are not immune from inflation, so how else can they guarantee no increases in price if they are not overly expensive to start with ?
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    The name of every person with an RPI+ BB deal would be a very long list.

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • moneysaver
    edited 24 June 2023 at 10:51AM
    QrizB said:

I think you misread my question.  I would like the names of companies that have no RPI increase as per the poster above and are still good value, not a person as you have mentioned.
  • If you type 'broadband companies with no mid contract price increase' into Google or another search engine, you'll be able to find the current providers 
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 June 2023 at 12:05PM
    QrizB said:

I think you misread my question.
    ** Whooosh **
  • moneysaver
    edited 25 June 2023 at 8:50AM
    iniltous said:
    There were , and probably still are companies that guarantee no annual price increase over the term of the contract period, the question for those companies is are they charging too much at the start  , if they can absorb a 14% increase ( or whatever  ) and still make a profit, it suggests they are charging more than necessary at the start of the deal so that by the end of the deal they don’t lose money,  losing money on customers is a bad business plan, obviously these companies are not immune from inflation, so how else can they guarantee no increases in price if they are not overly expensive to start with ?

Totally agree. Or not available in all areas of the country.

Moneysaver

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure