Breach of Nonmolestation

Advice please..

My friend had a nonmolestation order granted in her favour against ex partner. 
1 of conditions is no social media posts mentioning her, or any 3rd parties mentioning her.
Last night ex partners new lady notwent on Social Media, screenshotting my friends profile and as well as threats, also initiated conversation with her friends.
Reported to police but they say she's being petty.
I honestly think the order has been breached.

Advice please

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 June 2023 at 4:40PM
    or any 3rd parties mentioning her.

How can that work? Ex can't control persons unknown. 
  • The person in question is well known to him...its his new lady
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What about other 3rd parties? That cannot be the wording of the order, it basically covers everybody in the world whether they are aware of/known by the Ex. 
  • Wording as follows....
    A.Communicate with XXXXXX (applicant) EXwhether by letter, telephone,  text message, social media, to include not making any posts about the Applicant ...
    B. XXXXXXC ( ex partner ) is forbidden to instruct or encourage any person to do anything which he is forbidden to do by the terms of this order 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    This is a clear case of abuse of social media. 

Your friend should contact whichever social media it was and then complain to them that her rights are being violated and that she did not sign up to that particular website to be libelled and ridiculed. She should name the people who are being vindictive for no reason.

Then she should remove her own account from social media for a short while to give her time to tighten up her security measures/change passwords, etc., on there. Nobody wants to be bullied on any public forum. Nor should they be.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    So the not communicating by social media basically applies to the ex, and him not encouraging anyone else to harass her by doing that. Which is slightly  different to your initial post. 
    I’d focus less on the girlfriend contacting her friends and more on the threats. Threat of what? She has the option of making a complaint to the police if she is dissatisfied with their reaction. 
    However, the instructing/encouraging proof might be a little bit hard to come by.

Agree with tightening up her profile so that no one can see any of her posts or who her friends are. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • I sent the Police screenshot of all posts and comments on FB..... thats the reply I got...petty
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe because it was you and not your friend, as they are the one who actually has the non-mol order?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2023 at 11:29PM
    It's important to understand that the order is against the ex, not the ex's new partner.
    Whilst the ex cannot instruct or encourage anyone else to do what he's not allowed to do, the new partner can do whatever they wish of their own accord including being nasty, petty or communicating with their friends on social media. Proving the ex instigated anything is a near impossible thing to do absent any written evidence of it happening.

Any actual genuine threats (not just being mean) made by the new partner are different however and should be investigated on their own merit, irrespective of any order against the ex. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback