Shell broadband

Tried to switch to them as an existing energy customer they've offered me 6 months free of an 18 month contract at £17.99 pm which would save me £170 pa compared to my deal with Now. When i got to the DD stage of applying the 6 month free wasnt mentioned. I queried this and they reied " Your promotion should be applied to your account as a credit to cover you for 6 months based of your package price. Usually promotions get added to the account after 3 months since their live date. "

I don't feel confident when words like 'usually' and 'should' are used, plus it now seems Shell are selling up this business so maybe the deal might not be honoured by whoever buys the business

Comments

• PeterGr
    PeterGr Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The offer in the email state "We will provide the bill credit automatically to your Broadband account within 90 days of your broadband service being provisioned", so I wouldn't expect it to be applied to your Direct Debit payment.  As with all promotional offers I would keep a copy of all web pages and emails.

However for me the £17.99 pm was lower than Plusnet would offer me, and having switched service yesterday the signing up process and router delivery went smoothly, and the changeover was trouble free.

Getting the correct final bill from Plusnet is a more immediate concern.
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PeterGr said:
    The offer in the email state "We will provide the bill credit automatically to your Broadband account within 90 days of your broadband service being provisioned", so I wouldn't expect it to be applied to your Direct Debit payment.  As with all promotional offers I would keep a copy of all web pages and emails.

However for me the £17.99 pm was lower than Plusnet would offer me, and having switched service yesterday the signing up process and router delivery went smoothly, and the changeover was trouble free.

Getting the correct final bill from Plusnet is a more immediate concern.
    Ah, the small print I never read! Reapplied then discovered they have to give me a new landline phone number for some reason so I'm hesitating
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback