Comments

• reggie04
    reggie04 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    no worries, will do that
  • englandsrose
    Options
    You use more electricity in one months than I do all year! 
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good that you've submitted a formal written complaint to Octopus, but have you followed all the steps mentioned in https://octopus.energy/unhappy/ including Greg?
    It should mean that the issue gets taken more seriously by Octopus; whoever's been dealing with this hasn't a clue as evidenced by the absurd remark about a fuse possibly being the culprit.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, they not even offering the standard meter test now?
  • reggie04
    Options
    I'll go back and read the complaints procedure again and check I've done everything they ask.

Thank you
  • SAC2334
    SAC2334 Posts: 762 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 June 2023 at 10:48AM
    Options
    Raxiel said:
    Litigation prevents me going into details, but I am aware of a similar meter that had a similar glitch following disruption in the local grid.

I remember three or four years ago seeing a few posts about this meter type too, as well as comments from a meter reader/regular poster (who doesn't seem to be around any more, unless they have a new account) who mentioned they had a high failure rate compared to other models.
    I m still about albeit retired , but this Ampy meter , a very cheap basic electronic meter , is the most common one to go blank screen , from which it never returns once its gone blank. 
    A meter exchange fitter from my local DNO told me they had a skip full of them . 
    I only saw ReD with solar panel use  or if there had been a tamper on the meter .This one looks OK with its proper seal untouched . 

I suppose it would now show with charging modern electric vehicles which was before my time . 
    I have a friend who rented out a couple of rooms who got a huge electric bil because the two tenants were both using 3 kw electric fires in their rooms all winter .
    The estitimates need to be examined carefully and a correct  yearly usage determined .
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It pays to persevere !
  • reggie04
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    It pays to persevere !
    Oh yes, it does!