iFAST Global Bank - anyone with experience of this UK regulated bank?

Options
iFAST Global Bank - https://www.ifastgb.com/home

Does anyone with experience of this UK regulated bank? It looks similar to Revolut in terms of the currency and money transfer services offered but, unlike Revolut, it has a full UK banking license and offers several competitive savings accounts in various currencies.

Comments

• WastedWords
    WastedWords Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No experience but from quick look at website:
    Can't see any conversion rate info. In fact, there is nothing about ability to convert currencies, only hold.
    No SEPA transfers.
    No debit card.
    Limited to 6 currencies.  
  • PauletteH
    PauletteH Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    No Faster Payments
    No DDs
    No SOs
    No cheques

How would you get your money out of this bank?

Quite steep fees for some services

• SparkandShine
    Options
    I've been using the iFAST Bank account for some time, and it's been pretty useful. It's a UK-regulated bank with FSCS protection, similar to Revolut. What I like about it is that I can handle all major currencies like GBP, USD, EUR etc in one go, and they offer a solid interest rate of 4.25% on GBP and 3.6% on USD with no minimums or maximums for instant access. Before, there was a bit of a hiccup as it didn't support FPS, but that's sorted now with faster payments. I also find their currency exchange handy for swapping between 6 currencies at reasonable rates (better than Wise I tried). The only downside I've noticed is the absence of a debit card option, which I hope they'll introduce soon...
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a UK-regulated bank with FSCS protection, similar to Revolut.
    Not the best comparator, given that Revolut isn't a bank!
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Before, there was a bit of a hiccup as it didn't support FPS, but that's sorted now with faster payments.
    The fee schedule that @PauletteH posted above says FP not available so that's out of date? Assume FPs are free?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Before, there was a bit of a hiccup as it didn't support FPS, but that's sorted now with faster payments.
    The fee schedule that @PauletteH posted above says FP not available so that's out of date? Assume FPs are free?
    Yes, the title of that document (posted last year) is the schedule as at 31 March 2023, the current 2024 one being at:

https://www.ifastgb.com/assets/static-file/feeschedule/Personal Bank Account Fee Information Document Effective From 8 Mar 2024.pdf
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah thank you, failed to spot that this was a zombie thread, of course that schedule is out of date.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This bank used to be known as BFC bank. Not much to do with this thread really but I had an interview with them about 6 or 7 years ago. The only time that they could conduct the interview was lunchtime and they’re in Canary Wharf, about 20-25 minutes from work so I asked for a long lunch.

i arrived pretty much spot on for the interview only for them to keep me waiting almost half an hour. I was very close to walking out when they called me in. No apology for the delay. I didn’t get the job, fortunately, and got back to the office having to make excuses for a two hour lunch.

As I say, nothing to do with this thread but it bought back a memory that I felt compelled to share. 
    I hate verisimilitude.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure