Central Heating Alternatives - electric boiler / radiators ?

Sooo I've found the perfect not so perfect house. Ticks all boxes except it doesn't have central heating. There is mains gas but current owners  have opted to  have an electric immersion heating instead and use plug in heaters !!!??  Two of the receptions have gas heaters. Its all nicely decorated so seems pointless to pull up the flooring to install central heating plus its  at the top of my budget if and estimate that installing  heating will cost about £10k plus all the redecorating costs which quite frankly I wont have. Trying to find cost effective  ways to install a heating system that wont cost the earth to install or to run. Electric boiler and electric radiators would be cheaper but I'm scared about running costs. Any suggestions.

Comments

• DougMLancs
    DougMLancs Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    My brother was in a similar position with no CH system although in their case they didn’t have mains gas either. He went for the air to air air-source heat pump route- 2 x indoor air con like units and 2 condenser units mounted outside. £5k all in and heats their 3 bed bungalow with recent full length extension no problem. Average efficiency is 460-510%.
    4.44kW SW Facing in-roof array with 3.6kW Givenergy Gen 2 Hybrid inverter and 9.5kWh Givenergy battery. 9kW Panasonic Aquarea L (R290) ASHP. #gasfree since July ‘23
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback