INR Case opened 3 days after posting - Estimated Delivery Date 26/27th May

A_Frayed_Knot
A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Can buyers now open a case before the estimated delivery date ??

I have just had a case opened against me for INR.  In this case item bought on 18th May with my 2 day dispatch (actually posted next day on the 19th May)
with estimated date of delivery as between the 26th May and 27th May.  

Have provided the tracking number.

Have to admit its a first time buyer on ebay with only my feedback, and maybe they are a little anxious - like me has to be said, dreading the feedback I may be left.
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Comments

• zackary71
    zackary71 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unsure on INR timings- However, maybe just send a polite friendly message to the Buyer  explaining delivery times. End of the day, if it ever escalates, eBay can see the messages and that you've proactively tried to resolve.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If it was bought on the 20th a 2 day dispatch would have been the 23rd (allowing for the Sunday in between) and ebay believe 2nd class can get there next day (RM don't agree) , so 3 days from sale appears to be right from ebay's point of view, even if no one else agrees.

Usually that would mean buyer couldn't open a case until today, the 24th so even on ebay daft estimates buyer was very early and that makes me suspicious.

I would reply via the case that item was sent as per your estimates on xx date using xx postage so it is too early to expect it to have arrived and hopefully it will be with them shortly. Make sure any tracking is uploaded and watch it like a hawk - ebay will show an escalation date - watch that as well and hold out as long as possible.

If you have time I would also consider phoning ebay and having a moan, no it might not help ut they need to know things aren't right with their estimates. Personally anyone opening a case so stupidly early on me gets blocked as well as it just looks suspicious.

Good luck, and hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow so you can get the case closed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    zackary71 said:
    Unsure on INR timings- However, maybe just send a polite friendly message to the Buyer  explaining delivery times. End of the day, if it ever escalates, eBay can see the messages and that you've proactively tried to resolve.
    A case is already open and the clock is already running, I would never trust a buyer who opens such an early case and suspect they will escalate the moment they can to force their refund:(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    soolin said:

Usually that would mean buyer couldn't open a case until today, the 24th so even on ebay daft estimates buyer was very early and that makes me suspicious.

I would reply via the case that item was sent as per your estimates on xx date using xx postage so it is too early to expect it to have arrived and hopefully it will be with them shortly. Make sure any tracking is uploaded and watch it like a hawk - ebay will show an escalation date - watch that as well and hold out as long as possible.

If you have time I would also consider phoning ebay and having a moan, no it might not help ut they need to know things aren't right with their estimates. Personally anyone opening a case so stupidly early on me gets blocked as well as it just looks suspicious.

Good luck, and hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow so you can get the case closed.
    It did cross my mind -"suspicious" and "we - ebay sellers" can normally tell by the way they word their request/case,
    "I have not received item yet, i want refund "

Will keep my eye on the tracking in the hope it is delivered on or before the expected date which is also the date I have to complete the case.  Oh, and will block the new ebayer asap as soon as case finalised.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • soolin
    I've just sold a few things and out of interest I checked my estimated delivery dates.

I have a 2 day dispatch , and I am using 2nd class yet the estimate is estimated between Fri, 26 May and Tue, 30 May. I am not the best mathematician in the world but if today is Wednesday and I could post as late as Friday, how on earth is it estimated to arrive that same day?

With Monday being a bank holiday I suspect even Tuesday the 30th is a bit ambitious. 

• A_Frayed_Knot
    soolin said:
    I've just sold a few things and out of interest I checked my estimated delivery dates.

I have a 2 day dispatch , and I am using 2nd class yet the estimate is estimated between Fri, 26 May and Tue, 30 May. I am not the best mathematician in the world but if today is Wednesday and I could post as late as Friday, how on earth is it estimated to arrive that same day?

With Monday being a bank holiday I suspect even Tuesday the 30th is a bit ambitious. 

Lets hope you don't have any impatient buyers or ebay newbies that open cases before you actually post them. 

I need to go check my other items for their delivery dates.

• soolin
    soolin said:

Lets hope you don't have any impatient buyers or ebay newbies that open cases before you actually post them. 

I ended up checking everything I sold yesterday including something at 7pm ish, and they all show that same date. Basically ebay are trying to compete with Amazon I suspect and using unrealistic delivery estimates forcing sellers into a difficult situation. I will send my items this morning, but that still doesn't mean they are likely to arrive tomorrow.

This delivery estimate fiasco has been going on for ages now and sometimes it goes away, only to reappear again later. If I get a chance this afternoon I will phone ebay again and have a moan. 
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    soolin said:
    soolin said:

I ended up checking everything I sold yesterday including something at 7pm ish, and they all show that same date. Basically ebay are trying to compete with Amazon I suspect and using unrealistic delivery estimates forcing sellers into a difficult situation. I will send my items this morning, but that still doesn't mean they are likely to arrive tomorrow.

This delivery estimate fiasco has been going on for ages now and sometimes it goes away, only to reappear again later. If I get a chance this afternoon I will phone ebay again and have a moan. 
    Probably already discussed but may force me into a 4 day posting rather than my 2 days, will have a think about it.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Not looking good - Royal Mail Track & Trace say "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item"

So INR states "resolve by 27th May" - does this mean I can still check on the 27th May and if not updated/delivered, then refund  OR
    do I need to resolve day before for the 27th May ??
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Not looking good - Royal Mail Track & Trace say "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item"

So INR states "resolve by 27th May" - does this mean I can still check on the 27th May and if not updated/delivered, then refund  OR
    do I need to resolve day before for the 27th May ??
    Refunded and closed case.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure