We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SAGA Magazine lifetime subscription - compulsory shift to digital format

Options

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They don't seem to offer lifetime subscription now.

the print version i is available on annual subscription offers.

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,184 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I see the subscription is £19.95 when paid by DD but £29.95 when paid by credit/debit card.  I thought it was not allowed to make extra charges to pay by CC/DC 
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Robin9 said:
    I see the subscription is £19.95 when paid by DD but £29.95 when paid by credit/debit card.  I thought it was not allowed to make extra charges to pay by CC/DC 
    They say they give a discount for paying by DD.
  • Mariamia
    Mariamia Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I took out a life time subscription in 2005, l have my original letter which states "you will receive 12 issues if Saga magazine every year,  delivered direct to your home address." And "Membership expires: LIFE" , and now Saga want to charge me for future paper copies. 
  • Bristoljude
    Options
    I took a lifetime subscription when I was in my fifties and still working.  Many people, like me, will now be retired and many will now be on a basic pension.  Is it really fair to terminate their subscription and expect them to fork out more money?  Saga have used the magazine to promote their cruises, insurance, savings etc.  Should they really be allowed to renege on their promises and agreements?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,754 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It will depend on the terms and conditions pf the original lifetime subscription offer.

Whether any action or inaction is "fair" is irrelevant, what matters is the lawfulness (or otherwise) of what was or wasn't done.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They've gone online, haven't they, rather than terminating the subscription?
  • lincroft1710
    Options
    They've gone online, haven't they, rather than terminating the subscription?
    Yes,  a week or so ago there was a thread about the magazine now only being available to subscribers online
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 1,042 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We've merged the two threads on this issue
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • lincroft1710
    Options
    sheramber said:
    They don't seem to offer lifetime subscription now.

People are probably living too long to make it viable!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure