Any way I can use my Broadband connection with Virgin to tell them my landline is down?

Hi, Been with Virgin for years, they are fine when something goes wrong with te BB or TV, simply ring 150 and they get on it.  When the phone goes down however, ringing from a mobile puts you in an endless tech support queue, and they don't have a simple way to emai Tech support, or a web form to let them know!  Managed after hours of trying last time to finallly get through their BOT system to a human who helped, after others simply pushed me to the endless queue of tech support.  The service support check shows everything is fine, but my neighbour has the same problem now, so it's not at my end.

Complained about this previously to Virgin when landline came back - no response.  Does anybody know a way of letting them know?

Comments

• BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    they do have a web form & a webchat
    https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints (scroll down)
  • Billxx
    Billxx Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    They also have a forum.  If you post a question often a VM technician will assist.

https://community.virginmedia.com/

Kind Regards,

Bill
  • Billxx said:
    They also have a forum.  If you post a question often a VM technician will assist.

https://community.virginmedia.com/

Will try that again - last time it didn't help though!  Thanks for reply!
  • BUFF said:
    they do have a web form & a webchat
    https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints (scroll down)

As said, webchat bot is useless - except for getting people to "upgrade" - I still can't find webform to tell them my Virgin landline (and that of neighbour)  does not work!
  • I would be tempted to log in to the VM account then go Check service status > Still having issues > Home phone > Fix your landline > Poor sound quality
    I realise 'Poor sound quality' isn't your exact issue, but it seems the closest to your situation.
  • Thanks to all posters - the line came back last night and I reported the issue on 150.  The (clearly bored) responder mumbled something about compensation, and when I pressed about the inconvenience and no obvious way to to use the BB to report it, he said he'd put it on my file.  No thought of forwarding it upwards to help others though, so I expect the same problem will occur again.  Oh well, I tried!  Thanks again folks!
  • I found the best way to contact Virgin was through their WhatsApp.
    Not because it got things resolved any quicker, but because it wasted zero of my time waiting for live chat to respond/in a queue.

Message them, then forget about it until they respond.
  • I found the best way to contact Virgin was through their WhatsApp.
    Not because it got things resolved any quicker, but because it wasted zero of my time waiting for live chat to respond/in a queue.

I get that, but I'm not on Whatsapp, and can't see why we should have to rely on a third party for what is a simple thing that they surely should provide!  I am out of contract, so I'll give it a month or so.  If this isn't resolved to my satisfaction, I'll look at what Sky, TalkTalk, Plusnet etc can offer and see if it is any better.   I can't be doing with being without a landline for very long.

• JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I found the best way to contact Virgin was through their WhatsApp.

I get that, but I'm not on Whatsapp, and can't see why we should have to rely on a third party for what is a simple thing that they surely should provide!  I am out of contract, so I'll give it a month or so.  If this isn't resolved to my satisfaction, I'll look at what Sky, TalkTalk, Plusnet etc can offer and see if it is any better.   I can't be doing with being without a landline for very long.

Given all suppliers are moving to fibre with phone service over the broadband it will make no difference who you go to if their BB goes down. Virgins phone number is a local call rate so if you have free minutes (most are nowadays) it's not like it's going to cost you.
  • Hi all - landline down again - this time I get dialing tone, am able to put the number in  - then nothing.  Tried suggestion of Detail_Merchant above, but it then wants me to ring a number from the phone and getting a code before going further (!).  Thanks Buff, I have submitted a complaint on their Webform - awaiting a response..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback