IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim from DCB Legal on behalf of UKPC

Options
1235»

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You do appear to have a propensity for collecting charges due to either traffic violations or breaching parking terms and conditions on private land.
  • Jammin1
    Jammin1 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeed, one bus lane infraction, one failure to pay a toll bridge charge online, and 3 PCNs in 2 and a half years. It's just a shame that I didn't know about them because the V5C wasn't updated to current address. So I've had to pay bailiffs for the bus lane charge because of the warrant issued by the court. 

But anyway, I know need to deal with whatever other charges are outstanding before they also escalate any further. I'm not sure whether I should be contacting these companies directly, or if I should just put SARs out on each company who requested my data? Or whether there's any of them I can just ignore?
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If those PPCs don't have your current address for service then it is highly likely you either already have a CCJ or are in danger of getting one or more. You need to immediately write to the DPO of each individual PPC referenced on your list and instruct them to "erase" your old address and to update with your current address.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2023 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Yep just read the SAR section of post 2 of the NEWBIES thread.

You can do this rectification and get a SAR from the PPCs at the same time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jammin1
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks I've done SARs and Data Erasure requests and we'll see what comes back 
  • Jammin1
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, just to update everyone, the court date was set for May, and my wife's witness statement was due on at the end of March. DCB Legal sent several letters to offer her a reduced fee (£100), which we ignored. And before we got a chance to draft the witness statement, we today received a letter from DCB legal saying their client instructed them to discontinue the case. Another one bites the dust.... :D 

Many thanks for the help of @Coupon-mad @Fruitcake @KeithP and others for their support.

Unfortunately, my wife has another letter before claim so we will have to go through this process again, but hopefully it will be much smoother and less stressful having done it before.

Thanks again
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March at 8:26PM
    Options
    Well done. That's another one for @Umkomaas to add to the discontinuation thread.

Is the LBC for the same place? If so, she should be looking up estoppel, cause of action estoppel, and Henderson v Henderson. Claimants are required to bundle up all similar cases into a single claim, not drip feed then so they can try to make more money. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Jammin1 said:

Unfortunately, my wife has another letter before claim so we will have to go through this process again, but hopefully it will be much smoother and less stressful having done it before.

Thanks again
    Is this DCBL again and are the circumstances the same ?
  • Jammin1
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    Well done. That's another one for @Umkomaas to add to the discontinuation thread.

Is the LBC for the same place? If so, she should be looking up estoppel, cause of action estoppel, and Henderson v Henderson. Claimants are required to bundle up all similar cases into a single claim, not drip feed then so they can try to make more money. 
    Jammin1 said:

Thanks again
    Is this DCBL again and are the circumstances the same ?
    No it's a separate incident. The latest one is Civil Enforcement Limited legal team, and the PPC is Civil Enforcement Ltd. Relating to an alleged overstay of 10 minutes in a Costa Coffee car park
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback