We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Trying to track down investments with Royal Life Fund Management Limited on behalf of my mother

Options
Hi All,

I am trying to help my mother track down investments that she has lost track of. These accounts will have been dormant for many, many years.

It looks like she had holdings in: 

·       Royal Life International Speculative Trust

·       Royal Life Cautionary Trust

·       Royal Life Growth Trust

Companies House has Royal Life Fund Management Limited as a dissolved company but it looks like, after many fund mergers, this is now run by F&C (which then became BMO?). But I'm still not sure that this is correct.

The RSA website directs investment enquiries to F&C Fund Management Ltd which, from the website, appears now to be part of Columbia Threadneedle. 

I have also emailed Phoenix as I saw something that said it might be with Phoenix. 

Does anyone know what became of these Trusts / Royal Life? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All,

I am trying to help my mother track down investments that she has lost track of. These accounts will have been dormant for many, many years.

It looks like she had holdings in: 

·       Royal Life International Speculative Trust

·       Royal Life Cautionary Trust

·       Royal Life Growth Trust

Companies House has Royal Life Fund Management Limited as a dissolved company but it looks like, after many fund mergers, this is now run by F&C (which then became BMO?). But I'm still not sure that this is correct.

The RSA website directs investment enquiries to F&C Fund Management Ltd which, from the website, appears now to be part of Columbia Threadneedle. 

I have also emailed Phoenix as I saw something that said it might be with Phoenix. 

Does anyone know what became of these Trusts / Royal Life? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There has been at least one thread  on this; see link below from 2014. The OP didn't come back to say what happened but talk to F&C/CT.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5137172/royal-life-international-speculative-trust
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,259 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    edited 19 May 2023 at 1:12PM
    Options
    It seems Royal merged with Sun Alliance to form RSA and the unit trusts were merged as well - see https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/news/royal-sun-unit-trusts-to-start-merger.  So your mothers  holdings could have been replaced at that time.

For more info see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_Insurance_Group#:~:text=RSA was formed by the,and Royal Insurance in 1996.&text=RSA was listed on the,Financial Corporation in May 2021.

I dont think Phoenix will help - it  looks like they took over the Assurance business and the unit trusts went elsewhere.
  • abcde12234
    abcde12234 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • Firejjb41
    Firejjb41 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi 
    I just wondered if you had any luck?  I have the same issue.  I'm trying to track down a policy for my dad.  I've been on the phone to Phoenix about 20 times waiting for them to check archives.  I've tried a few of the companies you mentioned but all roads went back to Phoenix.   I've not tried to heard of BMO.

Thank you. 
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Firejjb41 said:
    Hi 
    I just wondered if you had any luck?  I have the same issue.  I'm trying to track down a policy for my dad.  I've been on the phone to Phoenix about 20 times waiting for them to check archives.  I've tried a few of the companies you mentioned but all roads went back to Phoenix.   I've not tried to heard of BMO.

Thank you. 
    The OP in this thread is referring to unit trusts, not insurance policies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure